Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2019 11:05:19 AM EDT
Last we heard he was very sick?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:32:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scope-eye] [#1]
He's still getting to the range when he can.

But it's getting harder to do.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The latest is Bradders has passed ,his final Facebook post was pure Mark RIP Bradders
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 3:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Bradders passed away 11.20am Sunday 18th August. He fought to the end, shot the Imperial CSR in July, where he maintained his usual humour although he was clearly suffering. I seem to recall he was still managing to shoot the odd 10 wash...and was towards the end bemoaning the fact that he might have to revert to using a bipod!

He will be hugely missed by many..
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Mark seems to have WiFi on the "other side" and here are his final Facebook posts,

As you know I left Facebook today to go on a wider and probably more interesting journey.
So please stop messaging me.
I have actually just received a message saying ‘Hi Mark, just heard the terrible news but thought I’d check...’
I’m speechless.
I’m not getting any better so please stop asking, flipside though - I’m not getting any worse.
Anybody ‘likes’ this - I’ll fucking haunt you.👻
View Quote
Mark hated people just clicking "like" on his Facebook posts.

Right then, my family - Kathleen, Jim & Bernie have excelled themselves as expected.
My Funeral is confirmed for 13:00 Monday 9th September at St Paul’s Church, Woodford Bridge, followed by Commitment at Forest Park Crematorium at 14:15.
A reception will be held from 15:00 at The Three Jolly Wheelers, Chigwell. I expect to see cocktails with umbrellas.
I’m going by bike in my DGR suit. Come and see me at W English & Son on at 27 George Lane, S Woodford E18 1AY on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th - times to be advised, be advised though I’ll not be very talkative. Park at Sainsbury’s opposite.
No flowers please as you’ll get a shock if I sneeze.
Bradley Arms clothing welcome, but guests can dress as they please.
View Quote
DGR is the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride, a charity motorcycle ride where riders dressed in very smart suits etc and I guess Mark's coffin will be going to Church by motorcycle hearse.

Mark was a legend, an outstanding gunsmith and promoted "our" shooting discipline of Civilian Service Rifle.  He will be missed but his name lives on with all the rifles that carry his name.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been away from here for a long while but had to come back and read the sad news of Bradders death.

This is how I prefer to remember him; 2016 and he had just delivered my AR15 to me at Bisley.

Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Everything shooting forum wise is shit without Mark!

We as a brotherhood are diminished.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 4:38:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Badger66:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Badger66:
Which is ironic as he was banned from many, this one as well (on several occasions) and many of them lifetime bans.
Usually for calling out those that made stuff up or just spouted BS.

We as a brotherhood are diminished.
Yep, I agree here.

I was with him when he passed and will be carrying him today as we say our final farewells.
Mark, you will be missed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 2:28:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pragmatist] [#8]
Damn that's terrible news. I can already see AR15.com is a shadow of its former self. I used to be on here in the glory days around 2004-2006 as MattyUK when everything was absolutely hilarious but most of those older posters have all gone now. RIP Mark.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
At the next Civ Service Rifle match the NRA will conduct a memorial before the Range Brief and as per Mark's wishes the Cannon will be wheeled on to the point and Mark will take his final shot down Century Range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top