Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2019 12:27:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BeNotAfraid]
...absolutely amazing stuff! The Queen with a snappy set of sunglasses! The 68MM film shot at 30 frames/second make awesome clarity with smooth movement. P.S. Catch the filmmaker chap with the pistol in his left pants pocket while filming!

The Very First Movies

I can relate to the impact this had on the very first viewers of movies. My Dad's Mum, from the "Old Country" related to me back in the 1960s that when she first saw movies on a huge theater screen, it was unbelievable--people seeing a train coming at them on screen, shouted and ran for their lives out of the theater! It truly recorded "reality" for them--no editing, no fake images, no movie editing software!
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I initially thought, hmm, 1902? The Queen died at the beginning of 1901 so must be very rare footage.

But interesting clips from the beginning of the moving image age. The image quality is very good.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:24:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I initially thought, hmm, 1902? The Queen died at the beginning of 1901 so must be very rare footage.
View Quote
You are 100%, Scope-eye! You're a good Man for details. Corrected!

Entirely my mistake, as the footage of Her Majesty is 1900--I realized it too late and was too lazy to edit my post. My bad.

My fav painting of The newly-made Queen--early morning 20 JUNE 1837--the two men rode hard and banged on the front door to awaken the 18 year-old with the news. Great composition with her gaze and, of course, the new dawn and light streaming in the windows--heralding a "new age."

Link Posted: 8/7/2019 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
No need to apologise, some of the footage was from 1902 and all of it was certainly interesting to look at.

Thanks again for sharing it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again for sharing it.
View Quote
My pleasure, Brother!

B.A. 1972
Major: English Literature--16th Century--Sidney, Spencer, Shakespeare
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top