Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2019 5:36:21 PM EDT
Will have 2 days at the start and one day at the end of a trip there in June...

Any must -do's  or things only locals know to enjoy to get out of the tourist spots?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
20 views, no replies?  C'mon lads....
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Guinness factory and town bus tours.
Spend the rest of the time in Temple Bar.

That's all I remember of Dublin.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I stayed in the City Center. Lots of good pubs. Gunniess tour is ok. I did a lot of drinking. Was fun to just walk pub to pub and see the area. Too bad, I'm going back May 5th.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dmb4765:
20 views, no replies?  C'mon lads....
View Quote
Seriously?  You post in the United Kingdom hometown forum and ask about another Country. It's like I post in your hometown forum and ask about visiting Calgary
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:56:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cargo] [#5]
Been there twice.  I really like the town.  Buy the Hop on/off bus tour.  Worth the money to hear the stories if you get a great driver.  
Hop on/off bus  there are two companies a Green color and Red color schemed Red vs Green.   Do mostly the same route if I remember correctly.
Along the route   Route Map
Kilmainham Gaol museum   I thought this was a very interesting look at the Uprising times.
Guiness tour and bar  I don't drink beer, so never went in.
Jameson tour and bar/tasting  One of my favorite stops, greatly improved from 2015 to 2018 visits.  Prices went up as well for tours though.
Temple Bar area, it is not just a single bar, the whole section of town is called Temple Bar.
Trinity College
National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology    I really liked this , free, alot of Viking artifacts.
St. Patricks Cathedral
Christ Church
and a ton of other stops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top