Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 8:31:28 AM EDT
I need a new car

My trusty Volvo of 14 years is going to fail its MOT in December (worn valve guides, smokin like a good-un, emissions FAIL) and its time to move on..

I was thinking about an old G series - LPG conversion probably.. I haven't had one before, but by all accounts, they are built like a tank and reliable to boot.  

I know the sensible money would be on a Landcruiser (see earlier posts for my views on Land/ Range rovers), but these look quite appealing.

2 Questions then..

1. Are they as good as people say, or am I going to buy myself endless misery?

2. Am I kidding myself? : everyone knows G-Waggens are for washed up Rock stars, Drug Dealers and Pimps only..

?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#3]
they are built like a tank and reliable to boot.
The ones the danish army sells at auction from time to time has also been driven like a tank. All reliability has been worn off together with the green paint.
Personally I would pass on a used G. But thats just my opinion.
Soren
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top