Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2009 11:48:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy a second hand desk from a surplus office funiture store.  It may not look as modern but will last for ever and would probably be strong enough to bolt on a reloading press so you can surf and resize at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Buy a second hand desk from a surplus office funiture store.  It may not look as modern but will last for ever and would probably be strong enough to bolt on a reloading press so you can surf and resize at the same time.

This ^^^^

You'll be able to get modern ones as well. Had to get some a while back, and they were modern ones with computer cable management built in... (They were nearly new ex-MoD.)

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's an upgrade for you

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]

That's just plain wrong.
Cable management is non-existent and a trip hazard. Screen and keyboard are on the wrong side - your reach to the keyboard will be too far. Screen should be free from reflections (but that might be flash photography). If streetfighter used that setup, he may well suffer from RSI - which is not the pleasant way to get pains in your wrists.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If streetfighter used that setup, he may well suffer from RSI - which is not the pleasant way to get pains in your wrists.

As opposed to what ?????

FAPPING????
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I went through the same process of looking for a corner desk and by far the best in terms of design/money is the Galant modular desk from Ikea,

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/?query=galant+corner

There are various extensions you can put on it so you can infact have 2m of desk on both sides - and you can swing around and use it all without your legs hitting any table legs.

On mine I have a 24" iMac & keyboard/mouse, laptop, printer, blu-ray player, 32" widescreen TV, and a desktop Pc keyboard mouse - and its still not really cramped.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I went through the same process of looking for a corner desk and by far the best in terms of design/money is the Galant modular desk from Ikea,

There are various extensions you can put on it so you can infact have 2m of desk on both sides - and you can swing around and use it all without your legs hitting any table legs.

On mine I have a 24" iMac & keyboard/mouse, laptop, printer, blu-ray player, 32" widescreen TV, and a desktop Pc keyboard mouse - and its still not really cramped.

must be one hell of a stack

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:55:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that's bloody good innit?

The f**kin' link don't f**kin' work!!

yeah it does

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If streetfighter used that setup, he may well suffer from RSI - which is not the pleasant way to get pains in your wrists.

As opposed to what ?????

FAPPING????

how long have you known him?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't have a desk, just a piece of kitchen work top fixed to the wall.  And doubles as the reloading bench.  Best bit is it was free, it was going to be thrown out when gf had a new kitchen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top