Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2002 10:02:12 PM EDT
Anyone have some information?

We all know about England, I think - only bolt-action rifles and hinge-action shotguns, must be stored in a safe, which the police can inspect at any time. Even worse: deadly force in self-defense is considered murder! (even the most anti-gun states don't do that!) And I think you can only carry a pocketknife is you have a letter from your boss saying that you need it to do your job.

I remember reading that in Spain, you have to pass a laundry list of physical and mental exams to be allowed to own a gun legally.

I have heard that in Germany, any gun is like our Class 3.

Anyone got more information?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the honor in Germany of owning a 8mm blank version of the Walther PPK!

I'm not up too much on these topics, but from talking to relatives in Germany you need to belong to a club, separate license for ammo and separate license for weapons. And like every other sport or hobby, it's reserved for the rich!

Correct me if you have more info! I don't know the details.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top