Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2009 5:58:01 AM EDT
I for one say "Thanks".  Whether we agree with the war or not is immaterial to my appreciation of the sacrifice and service of the armed forces of the UK.  Shoulder to shoulder, back to back, Thank You.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#2]
+1

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice of you to say

Thanks  
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I for one say "Thanks".  Whether we agree with the war or not is immaterial to my appreciation of the sacrifice and service of the armed forces of the UK.  Shoulder to shoulder, back to back, Thank You.

SRM

A big +1 to this.  There are those of us over here who readily acknowledge and appreciate the assistance the UK provided us on this one.  The sacrifice the armed forces made, as well as the diplomatic repercussions endured are a testament to the continued meaningful alliance.  Thanks for that.

It's one thing to recognize the historical and cultural bond between our nations and peoples, but it's also important to understand that despite differences, the friendship (or perhaps more accurately stated, the familial bond) continues in very tangible ways to this day.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

SRM

A big +1 to this.  There are those of us over here who readily acknowledge and appreciate the assistance the UK provided us on this one.  The sacrifice the armed forces made, as well as the diplomatic repercussions endured are a testament to the continued meaningful alliance.  Thanks for that.

It's one thing to recognize the historical and cultural bond between our nations and peoples, but it's also important to understand that despite differences, the friendship (or perhaps more accurately stated, the familial bond) continues in very tangible ways to this day.

Thank you, gentlemen. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Having spent 5 months there - It's nice to be appreciated.

Outside of my family, only 2 people have ever said that to me - one was an old chap in a lift in Las Vegas and the other was a woman I used to work with.

PS Of course i did get a very lucrative speaking tour and many directorships after a few years - oops, that wasn't me, that was good old Bliar. Although, he is married to that awful woman so maybe i got the best deal after all!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Outside of my family, only 2 people have ever said that to me - one was an old chap in a lift in Las Vegas and the other was a woman I used to work with.

PS Of course i did get a very lucrative speaking tour and many directorships after a few years - oops, that wasn't me, that was good old Bliar. Although, he is married to that awful woman so maybe i got the best deal after all!

Well, it might not be all that lucrative, but logout and login again.  Like I said, Thanks!  If you ever make to my area, you are welcome to shoot my guns and drink my beer!

SRM
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it might not be all that lucrative, but logout and login again.  Like I said, Thanks!  If you ever make to my area, you are welcome to shoot my guns and drink my beer!

SRM

That's very kind - I'll be sure to take you up on that if I ever make it to the Pacific North West. Oh, and I'll bring a first aid kit just in case you still have that saw...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top