Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2008 4:23:06 AM EDT
Are we able to get these anywhere over here, or anywhere else in Europe for that matter? They look pretty smart but nowhere seems to sell them.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes there are some knocking around the UK.
I am sure your request will result in some IM action from someone.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are we able to get these anywhere over here, or anywhere else in Europe for that matter? They look pretty smart but nowhere seems to sell them.

have a look in EE.
I'm in for a couple
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They are all I use now. I've managed to collect 7 of 'em. More than I need but they  should last me a few years.

And no, I don't want to sell any!!!

Mark got my last lot from the States, ask him nicely and I'm sure he'll have a look to see if he has any left.

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had a couple of pms thanks, hopefully i should be able to get a few. Still working on a way to bring some in from the States to take advantage of the exchange rate though!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have had a couple of pms thanks, hopefully i should be able to get a few. Still working on a way to bring some in from the States to take advantage of the exchange rate though!

It'll cost you more in air fares

Don't forget you've gotta be LEO/MIL to order Pmags over the net from the states!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget you've gotta be LEO/MIL to order Pmags over the net from the states!

You mean to have them delivered to you in the UK? There's no such requirement to be LEO/mil to get Pmags in the US (besides local magazine capacity restrictions).
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean to have them delivered to you in the UK? There's no such requirement to be LEO/mil to get Pmags in the US (besides local magazine capacity restrictions).

Yup.

From Brownell's

"International Sales - High capacity Magazines, which hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, are currently Restricted items that can ONLY be sold internationally to Military or Law Enforcement agencies. We will ask for Proof of end-user through the DSP-83 form."

Somehow the rest of the world civilian shooters get their high-cap mags, but as far as I can tell you can't purchase them individually.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

It'll cost you more in air fares Wow! I just found that one out myself Mark. I found somewhere that had them at a really good price but they wanted 85 dollars shipping! I think i will be getting them from the people over here.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

From Brownell's

"International Sales - High capacity Magazines, which hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, are currently Restricted items that can ONLY be sold internationally to Military or Law Enforcement agencies. We will ask for Proof of end-user through the DSP-83 form."

Somehow the rest of the world civilian shooters get their high-cap mags, but as far as I can tell you can't purchase them individually.

LEO orders eh...?                    ...............................
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't find anywhere on the form that requires you to be LEO or Military...

Form DSP-83

I suppose Brownells may check the delivery address has LEO or Military association.....in which case we can get them all sent to Icarus's house....

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I think we may need to start swapping hard-to-get items, like say CWC watch bands for PMags, LOL.  Silverman's wants like $40 to ship even one to the States

Then there's this little matter of all my Radway Green M16 mags needing new springs.  Apparently that mag design (the one with the push-button baseplate) uses a spring unlinke any I can find a replacement for on this side of the pond and I have ten of them that need replacement.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, still in the ATL, sweating like crazy lately as it has not been dropping much under 90 lately and my range does not have anything in the way of cover.

Dropped a laser jammer...errr I mean a "parking sensor" in the Mustang I'll be testing this weekend too.  Not to much else going on aside from work and the usual SSDD.  

Is the BA world tour coming Stateside anytime soon?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think we may need to start swapping hard-to-get items, like say CWC watch bands for PMags, LOL.  Silverman's wants like $40 to ship even one to the States

Then there's this little matter of all my Radway Green M16 mags needing new springs.  Apparently that mag design (the one with the push-button baseplate) uses a spring unlinke any I can find a replacement for on this side of the pond and I have ten of them that need replacement.

I can help you with 3x RG mags.
Also I work 10 minutes from Silvermans, I could get you the strap and include it with the mag parts

Whaddya think?

PM Inbound
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I can help you with 3x RG mags.

Whaddya think?

PM Inbound

I have several (16 I think), and i'm keepin' em (maybe)

Also have lots of P Mags which is all I use now
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I don't use anything but Pmags anymore either but it bugs me having stuff laying about that isn't 100% and I won't dump them on someone else.  The Pmags are great cause you can slap them in the weapon with the chamber closed.  I saw a lot of mags falling out of guns at the last tactical carbine match I shot about a month ago because guys were trying to get regular GI mags into their weapons with the bolt closed.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#19]
PMAGS are the dogs danglies
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Form DSP-83

I suppose Brownells may check the delivery address has LEO or Military association.....in which case we can get them all sent to Icarus's house....

You'd need HMG to sign certifying that he need 'em - and that is on DSP-83.

I think it's part of the US's anal new export restrictions. Some Finn was trying to get an AR from the States, apparently it's no longer legal to civilian-export guns with 5.56NATO chambers, folding stocks, and other "evil" features.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#21]
But i am sure you could still export something nice and safe like a bolt action .50 cal sniper rifle, couldnt you?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
But i am sure you could still export something nice and safe like a bolt action .50 cal sniper rifle, couldnt you?

Actually no.....not anymore.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Form DSP-83

I think it's part of the US's anal new export restrictions. Some Finn was trying to get an AR from the States, apparently it's no longer legal to civilian-export guns with 5.56NATO chambers, folding stocks, and other "evil" features.

...also there is an undertaking not to sell them on......
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:46:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Form DSP-83

...also there is an undertaking not to sell them on......

You know what's really funny? If a company buys, say, Winchester primers, to manufacture ammo, they need to get State Department approval to export them again. ISPC bans US components in official match ammo for this reason.

U.S. export laws, from the brief look I've had, appear to be complete madness.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:50:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Form DSP-83

Where does it say sect. 8 must be filled in? It says 'when requested by US State Dept'.

Reading it in its' basic form, it says to me that you can fill in section 7 as the ultimate end user and this suffices..

Anybody actually done this...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Following an enquiry with Brownell's:

Under the rules and regulations we would need a purchase order from the
commanding officer, written purchase order from you, DSP83 form,
end-user certificate and import certificate. All documents must be
posted/mailed.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Cor blimey........

think I'll stick with the ones I've got already then........
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Did you get my IM Mark?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I can see mine going up in price

Glad I bought mine when I did then!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Fair enough, i will speak to my bank and get a new cheque book then.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#34]
OK I'll bite.

My USGI mags all work fine (especially when fitted with Magpul followers).
What's so special about Pmags?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#35]
The are according to this guy the current bling

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
OK I'll bite.

My USGI mags all work fine (especially when fitted with Magpul followers).
What's so special about Pmags?

You mean you don't have any ?  ? ?

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#37]
do I need any?

This is referring specifically to Pmags - I realise that you *cannot* have too many magazines.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I can see mine going up in price

GIT YOUR PRE-BAN PMAGS WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

BARGAIN AT ONLY 100 QUID PER MAG!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm pretty sure I could do ya'll a favor with regards to getting some of those.  We may have to set up some kind of group buy for them.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#41]
That sounds like a blinder of an idea. They are pretty hard to export.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I hope so. There is a field near me if you need somewhere to land it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure I could do ya'll a favor with regards to getting some of those.  We may have to set up some kind of group buy for them.  

And when the ladies in the pub ask you what you do for a living, you can honestly reply "....................."
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And when the ladies in the pub ask you what you do for a living, you can honestly reply "....................."

Magazine salesman?  That'll bring them flocking...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top