Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 3:14:42 AM EDT
Well I have finally given in to peer pressure and bought an AR.  Honestly I couldn't cope with the chants of 'burn it' each time I was on the firing point with my old No4.

I, of course, got the rifle from a new company called 'Bradley Arms' and although it's not a hand built Bradley rifle I am sure it will come with a '10/Wash Guarantee'  

I took it out for a spin yesterday at Bisley and managed to put 160 rds though it!  It is lovely and fun to shoot.

I still have a lot to learn about it and will accept any help or advice from people.  I need to use it as my HR and CSR rifle and have an iron sight/carry handle for the HR comp's.  I did my best to sight it in yesterday but it still needs a bit of tweaking, offers of help thankfully accepted.

It will get it's first competition outing next weekend for the Sat HRA and Sun CSR shoots, so see you all then.

Colin
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice one

You'll end up wanting another one before long

Nice rifle, But who's the ugly git modeling it

Steve
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll tell you it's getting bloodly lonely entering a No 4 in the civilian service rifle comps. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll tell you it's getting bloodly lonely entering a No 4 in the civilian service rifle comps.

..at least it's a proper rifle though.............................................
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing wrong with No.4s.  I have 'several'.  That said, CSR, like any target shooting discipline become focussed on the results, and with little wind and short range, the mouse rounds are sweet to shoot and can hit the high scoring zones in the right hands.  

With the introduction of ETR at Bisley however, and the challenge of more exposed targets on Stickledown, the No 4 may come into its own.  At the recent Enfield Challenge, essentially the Roupelle match that was shot on the 17th November without the run down, the top No 4 scored the same as the top 'Open' class heavy barrelled rifle with 'scope, bipod and 155g match ammo.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice rifle, But who's the ugly git modeling it
Steve

Ugly git?  You sound just like my mother

The No4 is great and I'll still bring it out from time to time.  Doing the ETR's was enjoyable and easier to do with the No4 than some of the CSR practices.  With iron sights and a big recoil hitting those small targets is very hard at times, also expensive at £35 per 100.  At £20 per 100 I can afford to shoot alot more with the AR.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well I have finally given in to peer pressure and bought an AR.  

About time too!
Now get a sling for it (a proper one)
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I have finally given in to peer pressure and bought an AR.  

About time too!
Now get a sling for it (a proper one)

Tell me the Brownell's item number and I'll get one.  I looked but too much choice and not sure what 'a proper one' is.  I liked your one, it was easy to adjust.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nothing wrong with No.4s.  I have 'several'.  That said, CSR, like any target shooting discipline become focussed on the results, and with little wind and short range, the mouse rounds are sweet to shoot and can hit the high scoring zones in the right hands.  

With the introduction of ETR at Bisley however, and the challenge of more exposed targets on Stickledown, the No 4 may come into its own.  At the recent Enfield Challenge, essentially the Roupelle match that was shot on the 17th November without the run down, the top No 4 scored the same as the top 'Open' class heavy barrelled rifle with 'scope, bipod and 155g match ammo.

Hear hear! I had to give up my No4 because of dentistry problems and go to small calibre. I agree that No4s can return scores equal to and often better than expensive high tech Open class rifles, that is demonstrated every year at the Aberdeen Wapinschaw competitions. My personal competition best with a No4: 49 ex 50 snaps at 200 yards on Figure 12's. I have not bettered that with an SGC Speedmaster and a Bausch and Lomb Elite 6-24 x44

Ready for the flak after admitting owning anything from Bodmin.

Martin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top