Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 4:18:24 AM EDT
Good effort Wiltshire Constabulary, we will sleep safe in our beds tonight.

A policeman was criticised yesterday after he ordered an eight-year-old boy to smash up his toy gun – because it was an "imitation firearm".
The officer confronted Samuel England, of Pinehurst, Swindon, Wilts, as he played with the black and orange plastic toy outside his home. He told the boy to destroy the "weapon" or he would be arrested.
Samuel's stepfather, John Standen, 34, came to his aid but was warned it was an offence to have an imitation firearm in public.
The officer only left when Mr Standen had snapped the toy in half – leaving Samuel in tears. But he returned five minutes later to warn his stepsister Sophie, six, about riding her battery-powered Barbie car on the pavement.
Samuel's mother, Sarah, 30, said: "Samuel was so scared that he would be taken away. I had to explain to him that they can't do that."
Wiltshire Constabulary confirmed the incident took place, but refused to name the officer involved.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/09/ntoy109.xml
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry....he'll be fast tracked into a senior post by the end of the week for showing outstanding courage in the face of adversity.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:34:01 AM EDT
[#3]
And then they wonder why they get no support...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah Wiltshire again!!!!!  

the idiots did the same sort of thing a couple of years ago terrorised two little boys playing with cap guns.
When are we going to get proper police men back? rather than this wet lot they are just pathetic!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

AGREED..........what a wanker!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hes too uptight to be a wanker........he'd end up arresting himself for the unauthorised discharge of the ol' blue veined porridge gun

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Some people and I don't just mean Police officers have very little self esteem and have to get their kick's where they can.

I don't think that this will be the end of this, someone will probably start a petition of some sort to forbid such dastard behavior from anyone in a position of authority, be it Politicians who introduce un needed or wanted laws, and so on, you get the picture.

Tony
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
F)%#)I!g H$+l !!!!!

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, A real shame.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:37:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
F)%#)I!g H$+l !!!!!

I agree.

The relationship between Police and public has deteriorated over the years and this sort of stupidity helps no-one. There must be a lot of police officers who will second the comment from Icarus, how can you hope to establish trust and confidence when there are goons acting like this?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:28:59 AM EDT
[#12]
It would be interresting to know the Chief Constables reaction...

Was it "Seems reasonable to me, I don't know what the press is whining about."

Or "Oh god! Why my force..."

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:35:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It would be interresting to know the Chief Constables reaction...

Was it "Seems reasonable to me, I don't know what the press is whining about."

Or "Oh god! Why my force..."

Neither......it will probably go down as another tick in the box under "another gun off the streets"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top