User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:40:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I tried to start my own one, but got this reply

Hi,

I'm sorry to inform you that your petition has been rejected.

Your petition was classed as being in the following categories:

* Intended to be humorous, or has no point about government
    policy

If you wish to edit and resubmit your petition, please follow
    the following link:
    petitions.pm.gov.uk/chocciebiccies]

You have four weeks in which to do this, after which your
    petition will appear in the list of rejected petitions.

Your petition reads:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to: 'approve the
    distribution of  free chocolate biscuits to every worker in
    Britain at their Tea break'

It should be the inaleiable right of every man, or woman,
    brother, or sister, no matter where they work to be issued a
    free supply of tasty chocolate biscuits to nibble on during
    their well earned teabreaks, from the European Chocolate
    biscuit mountain

-- the ePetitions team

Whilst I might question your resourcing, basically I agree. I seem to see the same people out on 'smoke breaks' anywhere between 3 & 5 times a day, and that's just when I am coming and going from the station..

..but you do realise these petitions are just a way of identifying and monitoring subversive elements. From the pattern of petitions an individual signs up to, it can be determined whether they should go on a list...................................

BTW: see what happens when you start thinking, stop it immediately..............
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer Jaffa Cakes myself......

Biscuit fans may enjoy this web site;

www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/biscuits/week.php3
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Got to be Hob Nobs, the SAS of biscuits  
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Join my shift. At the beginning of every run of duties I supply them with biscuits. They'll do anything for a chocolate Hob Nob.......
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd have to decline such an offer due to me being a lactose intolerant person, better than being an IBS., sufferer as was first diagnosed by them fearless men in their white coats, who dare to venture into the medical unknowns of the human anatomy to help further medical advancement, not forgetting their own bank accounts of course.

But as I'm an open minded person and not a killjoy jack barsteward I would probably sign it anyway, to protect the rights of my fellow humans, against the the tyrant powers that seem to be taking all of our little pleasures and either taxing them or banning them, as they won't affect their lives.

I personally liked IcarusY625's first answer to this post, being that the petition are there so that big brother can identify the malcontents and add them to a list of undesirables, to be interned at a later date.

I'm currently reading a book by Rowland White, ''Vulcan 607''. It is a good book, and mirrors all that was great about Britain back in the early 80's. My only question is where did things get so hopelessly fcuked up.

Tony

Link Posted: 9/8/2007 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd have to decline such an offer due to me being a lactose intolerant person, better than being an IBS., sufferer as was first diagnosed by them fearless men in their white coats, who dare to venture into the medical unknowns of the human anatomy to help further medical advancement, not forgetting their own bank accounts of course.

But as I'm an open minded person and not a killjoy jack barsteward I would probably sign it anyway, to protect the rights of my fellow humans, against the the tyrant powers that seem to be taking all of our little pleasures and either taxing them or banning them, as they won't affect their lives.

I personally liked IcarusY625's first answer to this post, being that the petition are there so that big brother can identify the malcontents and add them to a list of undesirables, to be interned at a later date.

I'm currently reading a book by Rowland White, ''Vulcan 607''. It is a good book, and mirrors all that was great about Britain back in the early 80's. My only question is where did things get so hopelessly fcuked up.

Tony

When Margaret left.......................
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Join my shift. At the beginning of every run of duties I supply them with biscuits. They'll do anything for a chocolate Hob Nob.......

I can just picture it now......
The entire shift electrocuting each other with their new 'toys' - just to get the last biscuit. All to cries of "Hob Nob, Hob Nob, Hob Nob". Whilst this is ocurring, Icarus, just like the Hill St. Blues sargent, holds his head in his hands and wonders what he has done to deserve this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Tony

..probably in the sixties, but going by the events in that book they were well down the pan by the early 80's..
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can just picture it now......
The entire shift electrocuting each other with their new 'toys' - just to get the last biscuit. All to cries of "Hob Nob, Hob Nob, Hob Nob". Whilst this is ocurring, Icarus, just like the Hill St. Blues sargent, holds his head in his hands and wonders what he has done to deserve this.

..you've met my team then,  brings a tear to my eye every time I book on
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:08:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:21:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top