Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 9:56:12 AM EDT
I was today privy to a demonstration of this new contender in the AR15 world. Finish was a shiny satin and even more plasticky looking plastic extending stock than usual.

The first five shots went without a hitch and the shooter reported the trigger as nice, better than the average factory trigger. Shot six went away but shot seven was a stoppage. Bugger. Application of some considerable force managed to extract the case and the test went on. Eight went bang but another stoppage. The same force applied resulted in the locking latch in the T handle disintegrating. the pin was still in but the latch and spring fell out. It transpired that the latch is made out of cast white metal and had sheared through at the thinnest point of it's radius. Not really what you are looking for in a new 875.00 pound gun. Test over, the only thing noted was that the two groups of ammo used were from different batches, but both RG. Can't see that should have made a difference. Due to the premature cessation of testing, there is no accuracy report. Caveat Emptor.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw these at a trade show back in october, I was told £650 would be the price Mark, you might be right about the TDI thing, Decade sell alot of there stuff.

Since then i've seen one shooting at my club, I personally didnt like the Shiny black look of it and it just didnt seem right to me, But to be fair it shot o.k. with no jams and the guy bought some accessories from me, so all was good

It wouldnt be my first choice of AR though.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been told that they are made by TDI Arms in Israel. Can't verify it though.
]

This would be the Israel that complained that the FAL's they manufactured jammed in the sand…

ANdy
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I asked the guy where they are made as there is no 'made in' stamp anywhere on the exterior. He pointed out the DECADE CORP-ENGLAND stamp on the lower, intimating they are made in England. I pointed out it doesn't say 'made in'. Bottom line is he doesn't know

As I was berating his product I didn't realise he was the dealer until part way through the proceedings. Hey ho, another friend made
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

As I was berating his product I didn't realise he was the dealer until part way through the proceedings. Hey ho, another friend made

Well, you gotta say it as you see it !

When i was talking with the guy at Decade, He told me he could get hold of lowers within 2 weeks, I'm not sure if this means there being done here or abroad ?

Still, he would have been better getting some in from the U.S. If you ask me.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
>Still, he would have been better getting some in from the U.S. If you ask me

If Decade were able to get 'things' from the states I might have an R22 now instead of two V22's ;)

God, I was almost on first name terms with the people at their office: 'The R22's will be here at the end of the month sir'

Think I heard that for about 9 months before I realised they probably wouldn't be :D
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

God, I was almost on first name terms with the people at their office: 'The R22's will be here at the end of the month sir'

Think I heard that for about 9 months before I realised they probably wouldn't be :D

I did mention that to them, They still havnt got a clue when they will get the R22

Steve

Kyle, Why cant you master the quote button
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
>Kyle, Why cant you master the quote button

Cos I found out this way really winds some people up ;)

ETA: Need to use the smiley icons too instead of the normal ascii ones!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Handled an MG4 at Bisley, looks like a toy, cheap & nasty.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
A check of the this site will tell you what Rhineland Arms are and more importantly ARE NOT making at the moment

If they are not being made..............
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
/]

Well, you gotta say it as you see it !

Sounds good but it's cost me two careers!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sounds good but it's cost me two careers!

oops
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top