Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 12:32:27 PM EDT
What sort of collapsible AR stocks are available in the UK ? I can see a zillion for sale in America from $60-200+, and endless air-soft clone parts in the UK, but little or no real AR stocks here.

Also, when you replace a stock is it best to also replace the buffer assembly/action spring/receiver extension ?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Most common stock here in the uk is the Rock River Arms 6 position

There are loads out there though!! Try Oberland arms in germany or our own Matt

I see in this months What gun The beast of bodmin has a magpull stock and grip though.... Has he got the import license i wonder??

James
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Most common stock here in the uk is the Rock River Arms 6 position

There are loads out there though!! Try Oberland arms in germany or our own Matt

I see in this months What gun The beast of bodmin has a magpull stock and grip though.... Has he got the import license i wonder??

James

Yes i wondered that as well. May be worth a phone call!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
How much is a magpull Stock, RRP? say $ 225

So that converts to £ 225 (using the standard rate of bob exchange)
Then add the BAT (BOB ADDED TAX)

Total should be Between £300 - £450

Bobby's bargain of the week!!

And then he'll sell all the fitting kits as spare parts.....

James
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]
And the obligatory please allow 28 months for delivery!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
One of the shooters this weekend had a SIR system on his AR, purchased from 'The Beast'.
Don't know how much he paid, or what year he ordered it, but it was avery heavy AR with the Bull barrel as well!

I think he listened to the 'multiple' advice to make the barrel go on a weight loss programme!

You cannot go wrong, as a first step, with any of the standard collaspable stocks that are made by the major manufacturers. You can always sell it later if you want to upgrade a VLTOR / SOCCOM or MAGPUL.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
One of the shooters this weekend had a SIR system on his AR, purchased from 'The Beast'.
Don't know how much he paid, or what year he ordered it, but it was avery heavy AR with the Bull barrel as well!

Was it chambered in 6.8SPC by any chance ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:11:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't think so.....?

No factory ammo / FMJ bullets in the UK for 6.8 yet?????
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#10]
There was a guy at Sennybridge the other week with one that looked just like it in 6.8SPC. One of Bobs with the same rail system. He was using homeloads though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:25:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:31:47 AM EDT
[#12]

I'd like to borrow this thing for Robot Wars ...nice carpet too
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top