Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 4:22:14 AM EDT
The comp in March has a bit of a write up in Shooting Sports this month...

Link to Article

The bit with the coloured background is at the front of the mag, and the rest of the article is in the news section.

Nick
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Good old Peter Moore.

"Back in the day"

Never seen him at a comp, or practice shoot as of yet?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't see you at many either.

In fact, I've seen "Good old back in the day Pete Moore" at more events than I have you.

Mark

ps, try an come over positive at least once
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Good article for publicity.

Dhame about the grmmahh ans spcheling
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Real events? I've been at loads of shoots, more than 10 I reckon. Not actual competitions though, I need confidence in my kit before I can do that.

I am positive, you're just missing the Geordie Sarcasm.

You arse
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]
A Geordie with lack of confidence

hmmmmm

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I KNOW I'm WAY better looking than all you's and harder and stronger and faster and all that, plus I have bigger ears, which is a good thing.

But the rifle has had less than 100 rounds through it so far, I've been to COLD
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Real events? I've been at loads of shoots, more than 10 I reckon.

You arse

More like 4, and one of those was the NRA's open day. And even when you do come along, it's hard to get you to even fire a shot.

Now, I'm going away for the weekend but when I get back, I will taunt you some more.

Don't go far.

Oh, have you entered yet?.........................................................well????????
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#8]
The open day where I gave up MY OWN TIME to help the club?

I've only actually had my rifle for one visit, and I did shoot when I actually had the rifle, plus I shot with your rifle  one visit, and with bobs another.

Stop being a cock.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#9]
[Gen Melchet] Now then, now then , then now, now then, then now [/Gen Melchet]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The open day where I gave up MY OWN TIME to help the club?

I've only actually had my rifle for one visit, and I did shoot when I actually had the rifle, plus I shot with your rifle  one visit, and with bobs another.

Stop being a cock.

Look, I told you I was going away for the weekend and that I would continue to taunt you when I got back.
However, it seems you have forced my hand, and as I have 5 minutes to spare, I will use this short period of time to taunt you once more....

I know you gave up your time at the open day....as did we all....but those others still find the time to come shooting.

The first time you came was when you shot my rifle.
The second time you had your own rifle, arrived somewhat late, fired a few rounds at 300 and left.
The third time was the Open day.  No shooting for volunteers.
The next time, you said you would do a day in the butts as you owed it to the club. I thought that was pretty decent of you because up to that point you had no idea what the butts looked like.

After about 2 hrs in the butts (the same length of time as the rest of us) I told you there was no need to stay in there the whole day and to come and shoot. After some coaxing you finally did fire a couple of rds at 200 and then towards lunch-time said you had to go as you were meeting someone

Northampton ????????????????

Next week Fingringhoe??????????????????????????
Week after Fingringhoe???????????????????????????????????????
Week after that Bisley??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Week after that NRA SR?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We miss you and forget what you look like.
Davey come back.

Now I really do have to go, so please don't be rude and reply in my absense.

Actually, I'll probably be back on here later

Can't wait
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Actually fuck it, I dont have to answer to anyone about my shooting habits, apart from maybe the landowner if he starts getting overrun with rabbits.

So ........EDIT
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#12]
case of beer - check!

Pop corn - check!

Waiting.....................
Waiting.....................
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#13]
LOVER'S TIFF?

"I'm WAY better looking than all you's and harder and stronger and faster"

"you had no idea what the butts looked like"

"After about 2 hrs in the butts I told you there was no need to stay in there the whole day"

"I dont have to answer to anyone about my shooting habits"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a mark shrine, it's mostly pictures from ranges, arranged around some tealights. What he doesnt know is I turn up at every shoot, but mostly in secret, to take picture. Thats why I spent so much on my night vision, as it's stlaking equipment. The centrepiece is the picture I have of him licking an ice cream.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:23:36 AM EDT
[#15]
It's strange how you will spend money on a shrine dedicated to me, yet you won't fork out the spondoolies to enter the SR matches
This is after stating that SR/PR was exactly the type of shooting you wanted to do.........but up to and including this moment, haven't.

I am still away at the moment, I am a little bit too close to Wales, but am posting this from my mum's computer, and she says that you are a soft as shite Geordie.
In fact in her own words, " cowardy cowardy custard, that Elucidate's as yellow as mustard".

I will be home this evening and will continue to taunt you from there, but as I will be stopping by ACR26's gaff this afternoon as part of my whirlwind weekend tour of the UK, I might throw a taunt or two at you from there.

But moving on.............have you entered??  Yes or no?

Oh btw, have just noticed you edited your previous post......reason??
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:28:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes I did for the reasons stated in the post.

I havent shot in any matches of yet due to not being confident enough in my own abilities yet, and the fact I have so far booked the car in 4 races/rallys this year, the first of which is April 2nd, so that takes priority until the car is perfect. (it's about 35Bhp down right now, and the damping needs changed)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:36:18 AM EDT
[#17]
P.S. I'm at home, waiting for the sealant to dry on the car, and watching eBay for something which I want, how come you are actually using other peoples machines to ask me questions.

I think you love me.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Pot = Kettle

Glass houses - throw stones
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yes I did for the reasons stated in the post.

I havent shot in any matches of yet due to not being confident enough in my own abilities yet, and the fact I have so far booked the car in 4 races/rallys this year, the first of which is April 2nd, so that takes priority until the car is perfect. (it's about 35Bhp down right now, and the damping needs changed)

OK, As promised here I am on ACR26's pc and am ready to respond to you.

How will you ever get competent with your rifle if you never use it????
If you were to come along, then I would take you under my wing and coach you into becoming the 2nd best shooter ever.

But as all you want to do is stay at home and play with your little German car, you're on your own.

BTW how long does it take you to fit those blue underbody neon lights??

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If you were to come along, then I would take you under my wing and coach you into becoming the 2nd best shooter ever.

In all seriousness for a second, thats the good thing about HRA, you can ask questions, and people will help, apart from the sarkyness obviously

Can I start ingratiating myself again in warmer times? I dont like -10

I've got my BMW M3 mirrors to go on, the blue neons as above, the spolier, the two tone paint, the chrome spinners, and a sunstrip.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In all seriousness for a second, thats the good thing about HRA, you can ask questions, and people will help, apart from the sarkyness obviously

Can I start ingratiating myself again in warmer times? I dont like -10

I've got my BMW M3 mirrors to go on, the blue neons as above, the spolier, the two tone paint, the chrome spinners, and a sunstrip.

Ah, but will the sunstrip say Dave and Mark........

Maybe you two should get a room.....

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Maybe you should enter the Civ SR matches

What's your excuse Stevie-Boy ???

Mark
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe you should enter too Andy
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#27]
What have you all got against coming down for a good weekends shooting, and a few beers and a bit of fun??

You are all conspicuous by your absense

Mark
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Aha, so you can shoot the standing match. That at least is raspberry friendly

Actually, just kidding. I've seen your predicament and you are excused but will always be welcome to come along.
As for the rest of you.....I'm totally disappointed.
very, very poor
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Monday morning, and the start of another day where the good majority of the UK's Arfcom members will avoid this thread like the plague.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Think I'm at Diggle that weekend (4/3), but am probably going to make Fingringhoe on the 18th..... Is Alan C. confirmed for the 18th, I could swing by and pick him up?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Monday morning, and the start of another day where the good majority of the UK's Arfcom members will avoid this thread like the plague.

Some of us mainly control vermin/other animals as opposed to target shoot, and the conditions of my FAC reflect this, maybe some of the other members are similar.

Can you say witch hunt?

(Not doing yourself any PR favours here)
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

Didn't think I needed one ?

Having said that I've not  done any 'competitive' fullbore shooting yet , merely being satisfied with club shooting & having a practice blatt for fun when I get chance on a Sunday morning (as per yesterday at Kingsbury).....Maybe I'll get my arse to Bisley at some point and see what its all about. Do I have to be a personal member of the NRA  or is my club 'affiliation' sufficient ?

I was thinking of rounding up a couple of mates and going to 'Spring into Action' or Phoenix this year for some gallery though......I was thinking of using my LA30 for the 300yard long range gallery.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

Didn't think I needed one ?

Having said that I've not  done any 'competitive' fullbore shooting yet , merely being satisfied with club shooting & having a practice blatt for fun when I get chance on a Sunday morning (as per yesterday at Kingsbury).....Maybe I'll get my arse to Bisley at some point and see what its all about. Do I have to be a personal member of the NRA  or is my club 'affiliation' sufficient ?

I was thinking of rounding up a couple of mates and going to 'Spring into Action' or Phoenix this year for some gallery though......I was thinking of using my LA30 for the 300yard long range gallery.

All I've ever tried to do here is get people interested in coming to shoot.
It wasn't the angry jibe it appeared to be, so apologies if that's the way you took it.

There's a few of us here who devote a fair bit of our time to organising and running shooting events, and it seems that more and more often, we're giving up our days shooting so as others can have a good time.

I thought most of us on here were a bit more like-minded and might enjoy getting together over a weekend. Seems I was wrong.

I also thought it would be a good idea to post shooting dates and reports on here, to show everyone that there's more to shooting than lying on your belly and firing 2+10 at 300yds on an oversized bullseye with a big fuck-off scope and a bipod and then regailing all your friends as to how many V-bulls you got.

God forbid, if that was the only type of shooting available....I'd give it all up tomorrow.

But it now appears that I am in the minority as I actually enjoy the challenge of competition and improving ones self as a shooter.

So long as everyone's happy with their lot, then I won't bother anyone with any interesting stuff in the future and will instead concentrate on what really interests everyone on here, ie what guns would it be nice to have if we were allowed them etc.etc..

And as for future projects and fun stuff.....I'lll just keep it to myself (and Matt of course).

Now, for these Civ SR matches....we have enough people to enter anyway. Really, we do. I just thought at least one or two of you might be interested in trying something new and different.
But fuck-me, no. It's far more interesting to go on about a .22 pistol with a stock extn welded on, or an arms fair in Kent, or the old favourite......the straight-pull MP5

So there's not even any point in bringing up the team match we have planned too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Think I'm at Diggle that weekend (4/3), but am probably going to make Fingringhoe on the 18th..... Is Alan C. confirmed for the 18th, I could swing by and pick him up?

Alan and Steve have said they'll be coming. Ring tham and ask if they want a lift.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Have emailed them both!  Will ring if no reply......
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I must admit to being surprised as well, as to the apathy on the site. I am a little more restrained than our own street fighter on the subject and only offer the following points: -

1) I am bringing 4 possibly 5 new shooters to the event, so if you are worried about your scores, you won’t be last! They are also coming from Barnstaple and Northampton, not exactly close.

2) By attending, you get to talk face to face with other shooters, see what they have done to their kit, watch how they shoot, what position they take up, what ammunition they use etc etc…..

3) You all mention an ARFCOM meet; Well what an opportunity, especially as there is a good deal on accommodation at Bisley if you ask nicely (Not tents! A historic club)

4) In 1988, the government banned semi-auto rifles we all know that, right? Well the main thrust of the ‘prosecution / persecution’ was that there was no good reason to own them, as there were no competitions available for their use. (At the time the NRA didn’t like civilians shooting either Service Rifle or semi-auto rifles at Bisley). Guess what, currently if the licensing SHTF again, do you think that your ‘high capacity’ rifle for sporting use will hold any sway with the HO? Top tip, Your best bet would be to demonstrate that there is a popular and well attended National competition(s) in place for you to use your favourite tricked up and flashy AR……..

5) The UK NRA works (slowly) by responding to the needs of the shooting community, up until a few years ago it was all TR. Then came the Gallery Rifle, and a few shooters put on a small singular event, called the Phoenix meeting. The NRA hierarchy thought of it as a bit of a sideshow and largely ignored it. Now, it is the second(?) biggest earner for them after the Imperial / NSRA meeting

A similar opportunity has now been offered to us
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Back to the original subject:

I've downloaded the forms and that, however it wants a credit card number printed on the entry form?

I'm not sending my credit card details and full address via an unsecure method.

How are me meant to get the forms in?

Lets pretend I've filled my form in, do I send it to HRA or NRA?

Which sections do I tick? All of them? That would make it awfully expensive......

Aaaaargh Help!!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Back to the original subject:

I've downloaded the forms and that, however it wants a credit card number printed on the entry form?

I'm not sending my credit card details and full address via an unsecure method.

You fill in the form and send it back, by post or fax, to the address at the top of the form

How are me meant to get the forms in?

See above

Lets pretend I've filled my form in, do I send it to HRA or NRA?

NRA - Address at the top of the form

Which sections do I tick? All of them? That would make it awfully expensive......

If you are using your OA AR (with scope) circle the Any Optic class at the top.
Leave the index number blank and write HRA in the club box
Depends if you are doing all weekend ?
If so tick all. Unless you dont want to enter the aggregate matches.
If you are not a full NRA member tick those boxes too.
The event is costed out at  about 3.50 per ten scoring rounds
(that is far cheaper than what the TR boys pay )

Aaaaargh Help!!!!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:45:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Rightio, I can probably only afford to do one day out fo the two, time wise more so than money...

Which day would be preferable for a person new to this.

I am a full NRA member, does this have an bearing on which boxes to tick?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:35:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Dave,
from the NRA website -
In addition, the Queen Mary competition, on the Sunday, has been modified to cut out the running!
Now there's no excuses - I'll  even let you buy me beer afterwards!

SteveA (I've got a 14.5 incher)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#43]
In Which case, I'll do the saturday!!!!

No running is for queers.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:43:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Whats the Saturday Aggregate and the Winter Championship all about?

Am I ticking those?

So far, have ticked sections 1, 2 and 3
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:21:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Just tick 1 / 2 / 3 / 5
For just the Saturday matches, and fill in your NRA number in the box
(6 is for those shooting Sunday as well)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:22:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Well sorry guy's. I'm coming.

NRA phoned up to confirm credit card details today.

Mark, if you're still reading, can you drop me a line, I need some primers like and would imagine you'd be in the best place to know where from....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top