Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 1:10:35 PM EDT
Went to see that new film at the cine tonight. Total shite but loads of M16's..............Works for me!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw the trailer and it looks way to hollyweird to me. The scene where they are running around shooting SAWs etc into the air was just a little too much for me.

Anyway, who wants to see a movie about Evil soldiers and evil guns. Ban movies. It's for the (insert your choice here)™

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
But the "Over There" series looks as if it will develop into an interesting series. I enjoyed the pilot last week.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Limewire is my friend...

Bitlord!  Not a bad flick.....
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But the "Over There" series looks as if it will develop into an interesting series. I enjoyed the pilot last week.

'tis a good series. Only the one series though as it's been cancelled 'over there'
the colonial 'subjects' couldn't stomach a series about a conflict that'still going on.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:03:54 AM EDT
[#7]
+1
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'tis a good series. Only the one series though as it's been cancelled 'over there'
the colonial 'subjects' couldn't stomach a series about a conflict that'still going on.

Roger

We Colonial's are sick and tired of OUR fucking media trying to show our troops in a bad light. That is why after watching the first episode I realized it was going to be the same type of crap!!!

One finger up...middle one of course

Wally
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#10]
OK
I've now watched all the  "over there" episodes.(torrents rock)
And.. well.. I was entertained. Good thought provoking storylines and well filmed scenes.
There were many "edge of the seat" scenes where you knew something bad was gonna happen and you just had to wait till it hit you....and hit you with the cold hard reality of it all.

I have to admit I do enjoy War movies and WW2 along with Vietnam films do make realy great action entertainment topics.

However.....

If I were a member of the family of an Allied Soldier serving in Iraq(et all)
I would find it pretty hard to see this as entertaining. Being somewhat removed from the emotions of family ties with this conflict I found it entertaining.

While my father was in the Falklands I'd have found it absurd to see a drama series shown on TV about the conflict as it was happening. Today...many years later it would not be seen as a big deal.

I suppose timing has a lot to do with it.

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Taffy

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:52:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OK
I've now watched all the  "over there" episodes.(torrents rock)
And.. well.. I was entertained. Good thought provoking storylines and well filmed scenes.
There were many "edge of the seat" scenes where you knew something bad was gonna happen and you just had to wait till it hit you....and hit you with the cold hard reality of it all.

I have to admit I do enjoy War movies and WW2 along with Vietnam films do make realy great action entertainment topics.

However.....

If I were a member of the family of an Allied Soldier serving in Iraq(et all)
I would find it pretty hard to see this as entertaining. Being somewhat removed from the emotions of family ties with this conflict I found it entertaining.

While my father was in the Falklands I'd have found it absurd to see a drama series shown on TV about the conflict as it was happening. Today...many years later it would not be seen as a big deal.

I suppose timing has a lot to do with it.

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Taffy

that's why they've cancelled it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:31:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not qualified to comment on the series in question, but yeah, [I'd venture a pretty good guess that] at least 50% of the sheep over here deserve to still be subjects.

Let's just say that if most of the people here now were alive in the latter 1700s, we'd *all* still be subjects over here.

(then again, it's kind of a pandemic........ if GBR had the "calibre" of people today that it did back then, y'all would be a lot better off as well )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top