Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 9:51:45 AM EDT
Does any body know where i can get one of these vertical grips from. I can find various models that attach to weaver rail mounts but i am looking for the type that you can attach to a swivel stud.

I prefer the folding type, however with it being swivel stud mounted it can be easily removed, so this is not as important.

Thanks,

Matt
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't say I've seen any, but have you thought of sticking a rail on the bottom of the handguard? Theres plenty of kits available for that (assuming it's an AR you're talking about).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The only monopod design I have come across is actually a rear monopod to be used in conjunction with a bipod........... ............. I suppose you could attach it to the front stud?

Accushot Monopod

Might be ok, but then you might think it looks shite?  

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can't say I've seen any, but have you thought of sticking a rail on the bottom of the handguard? Theres plenty of kits available for that (assuming it's an AR you're talking about).

I have one I'm not using anymore, and if the plumber doesn't want it, are you interested?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The idea is to be able to attach it to all my rifles with swivel studs so the AA410 air rifle and CZ 452 .22 rf if i wish. As well as being able to attach it to the R22 when i get it, as i cant see a way of attaching my TDI folding grip i have lying around, as it requires a weaver rail and all the weaver rails i can seen so far curve underneath so as to make attaching on to its base difficult
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Yankee Hill make a folding vertical grip, its available from Brownells, part no 100-002-088 and costs $46.25.

The only trouble is that to get it from Brownells you will need to fill in a DSP83 form and pay the $75 to process through the Dept of State.

< Deleted - Mod  >

Davey Man
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yankee Hill make a folding vertical grip, its available from Brownells, part no 100-002-088 and costs $46.25.

The only trouble is that to get it from Brownells you will need to fill in a DSP83 form and pay the $75 to process through the Dept of State.

< Deleted - Mod  >

Davey Man

I hope not i got some stuff from there and never filled out any forms !

Steve
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry Steve,
                  Never explained myself correctly

What I should have said was that any AR15 component/part or accessorie thereof will require a DSP83 to be filled in and processed when you purchase anything from Brownells and most other mainstream companies if you live outside the USA.

Its like trying to purchase a pistol grip from magpul officially they are on the resticted list and they will not sell outside the USA.

< Deleted - Mod  >

Its one of the reasons that the two  main suppliers in the UK (SGC and SDI) import most of their receivers as 80% complete (or machine them completely from investment cast billets)  and finish off the machining once its in the UK; that way they do not need to fill in DSP83's only requiring export certificates instead.

Davey Man
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What I should have said was that any AR15 component/part or accessorie thereof will require a DSP83 to be filled in

Davey Man

No Comment

Steve
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sorry Steve,
                  Never explained myself correctly

What I should have said was that any AR15 component/part or accessorie thereof will require a DSP83 to be filled in and processed when you purchase anything from Brownells and most other mainstream companies if you live outside the USA.

Its like trying to purchase a pistol grip from magpul officially they are on the resticted list and they will not sell outside the USA.

< Deleted - Mod  >

Its one of the reasons that the two  main suppliers in the UK (SGC and SDI) import most of their receivers as 80% complete (or machine them completely from investment cast billets)  and finish off the machining once its in the UK; that way they do not need to fill in DSP83's only requiring export certificates instead.

Davey Man

I don't know how you do things up north, but I've never had to fill in a DSP83. Get a good exporter and supply the correct documents and well written letters - no problem.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:46:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

< Deleted - Mod  >

Davey Man

edited out by user, apologies.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:13:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

< Deleted - Mod  >

Davey Man

So do you just order via Brownells and wait for the delivery  and pay import duty/VAT ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:27:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

< Deleted - Mod  >

Davey Man

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:23:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Heads up and take note!

We are posting on a US hosted and owned site. US DoS Export Regulations are very serious and we don't need  people posting 'concepts' of how to circumvent them.

ANYONE in the US supplying restricted parts without the paperwork stand a very real risk of a very large fine and a long holiday in Club Fed with no TV privilages.

So... please think before you post.

Per CoC;

3.) Posting or linking to information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms or purchase illegal items.

ANdy

pretty sure people like Brownells know what they can or can't send.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#16]
As I was saying " i can get you anythink from over the pond !! "

Sorry Vito, i thought it would be funny

Just out of interest though, does anyone have a complete list of things that we cant or shouldnt  get from the states ?

i know barrels, triggers, bolts, are out but what else ?

Cheers

Steve
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Any of you lot ever heard of email

There are other times and places for discussing this stuff.
And here and now isn't one of them

Mark
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's another doc from the US State Department.

www.pmdtc.org/docs/oas.pdf

Interesting section is on page 8 (confusingly page 11 of the pdf!), and specifically sub-section 123.17(a) - an exemption from export licence requirements for minor components of less than $100 value. Brownells know about this, and are perfectly happy with it. Alot of the other companies don't... Brownells won't sell some components regardless of value (like flash hiders, barrels, bolts, receivers) that are categorised as 'Small Military Equipment'.

Vertical grips are ok though - I bought one!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
are categorised as 'Small Military Equipment'.

Like nearly every part of an AR it seems!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top