Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 2:50:13 PM EDT
some full auto vids taken from the Texas forum. enjoy!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=217705

...Leon, I understand you're comming to Texas, hmmmm, you may not want to leave!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I just love that "cigar"

I need to get myself to Texas

Starts Saving

Get that guest room ready Joaquin

Taffy

ETA this stuff is awesome
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

...Leon, I understand you're comming to Texas, hmmmm, you may not want to leave!

I take it you're not going to tell them about chiggers now, are you?  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
chigger

what gives?

Taffy
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
chigger

what gives?

Taffy

Mite that bites into your skin, itches like fuck!

www.conservation.state.mo.us/nathis/arthopo/chiggers/

ANdy

and these little critters live in Texas?
Can't they be  banned/Shot or summat...

Taffy
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
chigger

what gives?

Taffy

Mite that bites into your skin, itches like fuck!

www.conservation.state.mo.us/nathis/arthopo/chiggers/

ANdy

and these little critters live in Texas?
Can't they be  banned/Shot or summat...
Taffy

Believe me; once you've been bitten you will never forget the itch.

From my Fort Hood Memories:
You should have seen the bites on both of my legs; all the way from my ankles to my groin.  And NOTHING stopped the itch.  Not a single blessed thing.  I’m scratching myself as I write this in agonizing memory of the itch.  Five times that first night I awoke to an unbearable itch.  And there was nothing the medics could do to lessen the itch.  They had to fade away on their own.
And the worst part of the entire misery is I never saw a single chigger the entire time I was stationed down there.  Mosquitoes and ticks you could see and do something about.  Not once with chiggers.  You should have seen the way soldiers loaded themselves with pet anti-flea collars around their ankles before going into The Field for maneuvers.  There were warnings that humans shouldn’t use stuff for pets.  We didn’t care!  Anything was better than that infernal itch!

In short Chiggers a proof positive that not everything in Texas is bigger; some things are smaller!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:55:50 AM EDT
[#7]
So I take it you didn't like them then
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In short Chiggers a proof positive that not everything in Texas is bigger; some things are smaller!

Chiggers are the Kings Revenge on you treasonous rebels...

ANdy

No, they are a bio Weapon designed at the University of Texas. They only attack Non Texans. Those of us lucky enough to be born here have never been bitten by one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]
w00t w00t w00t, I'm going to get eaten?!?!? It'll be worth it. They have these things in Plano?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it you're not going to tell them about chiggers now, are you?  

chiggers, fire ants and killer bees oh my! Texas ain't for wimps!!
oh and come by in august! Texas in the summer is just lovely! 100 + degrees in the shade

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chiggers are the Kings Revenge on you treasonous rebels...
ANdy

No, they are a bio Weapon designed at the University of Texas. They only attack Non Texans. Those of us lucky enough to be born here have never been bitten by one.

I believe both of you.

*scratching itches on backs of neck, shoulders, arms.....*
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#13]
The best preventative against chiggers is sulphur powder.  You can buy sulphur powder at a pharmacy store, then fill an old sock with it, and just before you go out in woods or fields, pat yourself down with the sock.  Some people also eat matchheads to get the sulphur into their bloodstream; yes, it's a bit extreme, but it does keep the chiggers away from you and going to your buddies instead.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Ugh, chiggers, those evil little ba$tards!    Since I am only a Texas transplant, they chew on my Midwest flesh like those scarab beetles from the "mummy" movies!

Leon, your desire to be chiggered will NOT happen! Because it's winter, the little shits will be dormant, and any fire ants present will be very sluggish.  Maybe we can Tannerite a few fire ant mounds, that'll warm 'em up.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#15]
You can kill chiggers embedded in your skin with fingernail polish, I prefer clear.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
w00t w00t w00t, I'm going to get eaten?!?!? It'll be worth it. They have these things in Plano?

Yeah, we have them in Plano but they're only really a problem in tall grass, just wear pants and socks and you have no problem. Also, it's winter so they aren't around right now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hug.gif

Chiggers are the Kings Revenge on you treasonous rebels...hr

The king of Mexico?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top