Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2005 11:54:53 AM EDT
As a little gift I have something for my cousins Across the Pond.

20 target sheets.

If you have seen the movie SWAT you might remember that during the build up they shot at a target made out of playing card faces.  That’s what this target is.  While it looks easy it is surprisingly difficult to shoot properly.  But it can be a lot of fun too.  The normal sequence is to shoot one pair, then two pair, all the way up to a Royal Flush.  Believe me it isn’t easy.  But with a group of people paying into pool to see who can shoot the highest hand of poker…well figure that out for yourself.

I have the 20 target sheets.  Copy the pattern and spread the joy!

I just need an address to send them to.

Who’s on?

Streetfighter
Bunnyassassin

I have your addresses.  I'll be able to send the targets via UPS next Monday or Tuesday.

They will be in tubes so you know what to look for.

And as an added bonus; one of the tubes has a target I used the Last time I was in a bit of a competition.
I was trying for a diamond Royal Flush.  I hit four out of five targets.  Needless to say I lost.

Enjoy guys.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll take them

Mark
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Me too! IM inbound..........
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
GS,

Sending them to either of these guys above will mean they get to most UK shooters. In fact we're all meeting up over Christmas, so maybe we can have a go at rimfire poker
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hurry up and post them

Mark
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]
OK Guys, I see 2 IM’s.

10 to each address I see.

I won’t be able to send them out until the start of December.  But I’ll send them out as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
ohhh ohhh....I'll jump on this one now as I thought I'd missed out....

please....I'll have a couple.

IM inbound

Taffy
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't worry Taffy, I'll send you a couple down

Mark
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#8]
That super-duper A1 photocopier we used to have in work is sorely missed now.

Taffy
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OK Guys, I see 2 IM’s.

10 to each address I see.

I won’t be able to send them out until the start of December.  But I’ll send them out as soon as I can.

Many thanks.. I'm assuming one of the addresses was mine?  
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Gigglesmith

If you have Bunnyassasin's addy how about signing him up for a few unusual type
websites...

I'm sure i could find a few undesirable sites worthy of this mission.

Taffy
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Stupid Question about Addresses

Is there any difference between entering UK, England and United Kingdom on the labels?

My return address is going to look simple by comparison.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey Gigglesmith

websites...

Taffy

Cheers for that taffy................. one subscription to "I like Jugs" coming your way.........

BTW:  Any way of desrcibing the UK should be fine ie England, United Kingdom, Great Britain.......... thanks again...
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Gigglesmith

websites...

Taffy

Cheers for that taffy................. one subscription to "I like Jugs" coming your way.........

BTW:  Any way of desrcibing the UK should be fine ie England, United Kingdom, Great Britain.......... thanks again...

If you believe what you read in GD us Brits could be known as the ...

" snaggle toothed big eared pussies who are not allowed to own guns"

Taffy
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Taffy

BULLSHIT!You guys own what you can legally own.Hell,I live about 65miles from our nations capital and both the gunowners there would love to live under your laws .The people that post that shit also poke fun at subjects living in the peoples republic of kalifornia.Some of it is good natured teasing,allthough some of it is penis envy

Edit-If any of you from GB ever get over to our side of the pond and anywhere within 2hrs of DC and would like to go shooting,send me an IM and I will hook you up!
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Taffy

BULLSHIT!You guys own what you can legally own.Hell,I live about 65miles from our nations capital and both the gunowners there would love to live under your laws .The people that post that shit also poke fun at subjects living in the peoples republic of kalifornia.Some of it is good natured teasing,allthough some of it is penis envy

Edit-If any of you from GB ever get over to our side of the pond and anywhere within 2hrs of DC and would like to go shooting,send me an IM and I will hook you up!

yo dude
Most of what I posted was just for a laugh...but there are those out there who still think we cannot own or shoot rifles. I gave up correcting them a long time ago..."sortta"

And thanks for the invite....
you never know when one of us Brits will knocking on your door

Take care
Taffy
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

yo dude
Most of what I posted was just for a laugh...but there are those out there who still think we cannot own or shoot rifles. I gave up correcting them a long time ago..."sortta"

And thanks for the invite....
you never know when one of us Brits will knocking on your door

Take care
Taffy

And you may just live to regret the offer

Years after to historians it'll be known as the "Start of the Great West Virginia Ammo Famine"
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Gigglesmith

websites...

Taffy

Taffy

...don't forget the pastey white skin, funny accents and abomidable love making skills
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Taffy

Listen to the man-being from West-by-God-Virginia, he's probably been on the pointy end of a couple of geographically based derogatory remarks himself.  I'm not sure that it's an entirely accurate analogy, but I think West Virginia is thought of as sort of a colonial Wales.  

Of course, I guess it all started because WV was smart enough to back the right horse in the War of Northern Aggression.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#19]
For the two Gents that are getting the targets:

They were mailed Monday the 5th.

The clerk told me you two should get the tubes sometime NEXT week.

I originally wanted to do UPS so I could track them, but the clerk THERE said I needed a telephone number.  And with that I headed to the nearest Post Office.

Let everybody know when they come in!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Many thanks for that.
If they arrive by the weekend, then we can use them on sunday and post pics

Mark
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Cheers for that, will spread them about when they arrive..............
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Received the targets today, well packaged and well cooool!

The Royal Flush was a nice touch.......... shame about the Jack of Diamonds!  

Will sort out some copied and distribute at the next shoot.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Still waiting for mine
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Still waiting for mine

Sorry about that.
I have no control over the mails.

Look up the Rabbitkiller and ask him why he hasn't posted pics yet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Still haven't received mine
London's mail system is siht though

Mark
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Still waiting for mine

Sorry about that.
I have no control over teh mails.

Look up the Rabbitkiller and ask him why he hasn't posted pics yet.

Dreadfully sorry about the delay in posting pictures........... Rabbitkiller here

And as requested here is a picture of one of the targets supplied by Gigglefits

I am moving house at the weekend (finally) and am amidst what can only be descibed as a "shit tip".....  eBay is gonna get have some real bargains shortly.

I have passed a target on to a friend to sort out suitable copies and will distribute from my boot at the first shoot i get to (probably int new year).......

If you cannot wait for this handout, drop me an IM and I will arrange to post via snail mail.....

The targets are approximately A3 in size................  Merry Xmas to all

Notice the near Royal Flush, let down by a flier on the Jack of D's

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#27]
That’s a good job there posting the target.
From my screen the targets are almost the exact size they should be.

Shooting that target, like I said, is unbelievably difficult.  You can see the different color suits through the scope easily enough, but it is impossible to tell just which suits.  For instance the Ace of Diamonds.  From a second sheet of targets by your side you look and see that it is near the bottom left corner.  Sight on the corner target and go up one space and to the right one space.  Center and squeeze off one round.  If you wanted to try for a Club Royal Flush you start on the upper left corner. Then go down two and over one.

The first time I tried it was with the Gent who cooked this particular target up.  I was dared to try to shoot, in order, a Royal Flush with Diamonds, then to clubs, hearts and spades.  The sheets were set up side by side.  And I shot, five for five, a Diamond Royal Flush.  The problem was that the 10 Diamonds was on the NEXT target sheet.

Just what the four center pieces are for I don’t know.  You’ll just have to figure out something yourself.

Oh, if anybody DOES try and call The Backwoods up, ask how Remington and Winchester are doing.  Those are the golden labradors that lay around the shop.  They’re the stores “Watch Dogs”.  If you don’t watch out for the dogs, you are going to trip over them.  Heaven help you if you ever give them a treat; you’ll never be able to get away from them again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#28]
They've finally arrived, at long last, and very nice they are too.
I might try and reduce them for 50 and 25 yds for shooting with the .22, but I'll need to find a colour copier.

Thanks once again
Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top