Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 11:40:54 PM EDT
TV Licensing

Anyone with anything to add?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
A registered blind person who has bought a full fee licence can, upon showing their proof of blind registration, apply at any time during the licence year for a full 50 per cent refund.

A blind person still has to pay 50% of their license.....sucks

Do away with the TV license....
Make the BBC stand on their own 2 feet like the independant stations.

TV Tax....

Taffy
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the same over here in Germany, we pay a licence for three TV stations and its compulsory. Even though we watch the private stations 95% of the time because the big three are crap!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I realise that 'part' of my licence fee goes to the BBC, and funds radio 4 (which would not exist under a commercial BBC). I also like no commercials during programmes. So I'm OK with paying my TV licence.

Now if only they would stop putting the news on during films......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top