Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 1:16:39 PM EDT
Oh my god..

The BBC has some good coverage but nothing on the website yet....
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it's that lot again (them) as it always was but never reported (sigh).
They're upset that their march was blocked.

ps, I thought you were out on the piss

Mark
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I was.

Back now.

We left pretty early as London is expensive to drink and we all felt ill after all the food.

I'm not ashamed to admit it, I don't drink much anymore, geordie meanness wins every time!

I do have pics from when we were drinking though, but my phone ran out. Pics to follow monday as my charger is at work....
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
we want pic's...we want pic's...we want pic's...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1000000

Was up in NI?
Not seen the News today
Taffy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000000

Was up in NI?
Not seen the News today
Taffy

Those stupid twats in the Bowler hats with umbrella's and orange sashes were prevented from marching through a gap in the peace wall and through a catholic area, so they started rioting. One man was shot and  blast bombs were thrown at police. One person has serious injuries. Theere was a lot of automatic gunfire too.

They're upset that they're not getting their way anymore

Mark
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh my god..

The BBC has some good coverage but nothing on the website yet....

They do now...pretty much what Mark stated !!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]
In the interest of peace ....this marching buisness needs to stop

It's purely an antagonistic act

For either side to want to march is just trying to rub the other side up the wrong way....

move on...enjoy yaselves

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Only one side wants to march
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I realise that but I was just making the point both sides need to be wary about sparking things off again.

Let's just say someone went and topped Adams or McGuiness
Imagine the backlash
We'd be back to square one
Now offing someone aint quite the same as marching but it could end up with the same result

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Even the kids going to school heve a hell of a time, is it really over???

Tony
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#11]
They're not getting their way anymore and are behaving like spoilt little children, albeit with deadly weapons.
Did you know there were 32 policemen injured last night and over 50rds fired at the police.
Any aimed shot is designed to kill.

What people fail to realise is they have always behaved like this, that is why the republican movement gained strength. At least this time they didn't get the chance to attack catholic homes, and because the police, "Their Police" prevented them from doing so, they get branded as traitors.
Where is Paisley today??Conspicuous by his silence After all he fully supports them.
Paisley was the best recruting tool the IRA ever had. (Echelon, if you're intercepting this, you can Fuck Off )
Wally, if you read this, hopefully you will realise why I compare them to the settlers in Gaza.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They're not getting their way anymore and are behaving like spoilt little children, albeit with deadly weapons.
Did you know there were 32 policemen injured last night and over 50rds fired at the police.

What people fail to realise is they have always behaved like this, that is why the republican movement gained strength. At least this time they didn't get the chance to attack catholic homes, and because the police, "Their Police" prevented them from doing so, they get branded as traitors.
Where is Paisley today??Conspicuous by his silence After all he fully supports them.
Paisley was the best recruting tool the IRA ever had. (Echelon, if you're intercepting this, you can Fuck Off )
Wally, if you read this, hopefully you will realise why I compare them to the settlers in Gaza.

Mark

Mark

Your Wrong...................

Just kidding. I do see what you are talking about now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

Ah, the good old days of the B Specials…

ANdy

Them's the one's
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#16]
As you were away on holiday, you'll have missed the fact that N.Ireland played England in Football last week (N.Ireland won 1-0 btw), but there was only one Anthem played. God Save the Queen.
I've never heard it sang with so much gusto
At least the Jocks and the Taff's have their own Anthems and identities.
Rather sad for the Ulstermen really. They could at least sing Danny Boy or something.
I was pretty sure that if England had won, the N.Irish would've cheered the loudest.

Oh and BTW, if they really do feel that marginalised nowadays, there's always plenty of room back home in Scotland

I still don't understand why they retain such loyalty to a Nation that really doesn't give a shit about them

Mark
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#18]
My dad worked for Harland & Wolff, he was one of only about 400 catholics in a workforce of over 10,000.
The only reason he excelled was because he knew his stuff. It was particularly difficult for "Fenians" to progress in those days, even up to recent times.
Because he was so good at his job, he was asked to go to Qatar in 1955 to help build a power station.
He went along with some of the others, but even 4000 miles from home, the other fuckers took their bigotry with them. But he was a big strong man and never took any shit from any of them. He was the only one of them who ever succeeded in life.

I was talking to my mum yesterday about the protestant's hatred towards catholics and she recounted the story when Joe Cahill's second-hand shop in Belfast was beseiged by Paisley and his followers because there was a Irish Tricolour in the window that had been there for years and they demanded that it be removed.

In the '60's, N.Ireland had a Governor, Wakefield was his name. He was the Queens uncle. The Queen was going on a visit to Rome to meet the Pope. Paisley disagreed with this and tried to board a plane to Rome wearing a Union Jack waistcoat. He was prevented from doing so and marched on Stormount where Gov Wakefield was in residence. They caused so much trouble that Wakefield's sick wife had a heart attack. Wakefield resigned shortly afterwards.

Now, back in those days the Police force was the B-Specials, a totally protestant police force and completely sectarian. When the civil rights movement started, the B-Specials were used aainst the catholics and this is why the British Army were brought in to keep the peace and protect the catholics.
Of course, what nobody realised was that the Army fell under the control of the N.Ireland PM, Brian Faulkener who then decided to use the Army against the catholics. If the army had stayed uder the control of Westminster, circumstances might have been entirely different. This is where the modern IRA was born..

Those fuckers (Paisley's loyalists) have a lot to answer for and these days are getting exactly what they deserve.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top