Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 10:09:54 AM EDT
TA01NSN

My little baby has gone from this:

to this:

Should I keep the mil-look handguards or give the rail system a go? I'm undecided. I suppose I could always have another upper
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Ooooh. Rail with rail covers.

Can I stroke the NSN?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Can I stroke the NSN?

Touch the screen, heck, strip off, rub in CLP and lick the screen. If you don't blow yourself up, you can look at it at the range on the 25th (if you're still in country).

Matt
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I stroke the NSN?

Touch the screen, heck, strip off, rub in CLP and lick the screen. If you don't blow yourself up, you can look at it at the range on the 25th (if you're still in country).

Matt

I like NSN's :-)

I must admit, I have a particular love for the Eotech, NSN and SuB 6x42 and 3-12X50.

Yes they are all issue optics, and they fulfill a role which we do not need, but, they are also amazing optics in general and civilian use.

I want one of each (Althogh have you seen the price of the 3-12!!!!)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys make life toooooo easy.....( too many toys and gizmos I'm envious of)
You gotta buy a cheap and nasty Chinese scope like mine then try to get decent results....

thats the challenge

Taffy

mines the one on the right

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/scope-eye/Dsc01329a.jpg

Should I keep the mil-look handguards or give the rail system a go? I'm undecided. I suppose I could always have another upper

Nice to see you're catching up

Now you just need to change the stock!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/scope-eye/Dsc01329a.jpg

Nice to see you're catching up

Now you just need to change the stock!!

Yep, all you need now is a Magpul

PS, here's mine
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#8]
God i love that olive drab Magpul stock. Are they easy to fit if i ever get one shipped over?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Bisley reacts as Matt put's a Magpul Stock on his rifle:

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]

If ya cant handle it then dont drink it

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
God i love that olive drab Magpul stock. Are they easy to fit if i ever get one shipped over?

If you mean my pic, the green stock isn't a Magpul, it's a Vltor {pronounced Ultor).The black stock is a Magpul.
they are easy to fit though.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Are the Vltor's just as hard to get shipped as the magpuls Mark
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Someone brought mine over from the Shot Show.
I had it long before the Magpul.
The Vltor stock is essentially the same as a std stock but has a better cheek weld and doesn't rattle.
It also has those spare battery compartments (if that's important to you). I keep spare ear plugs in mine.
It is the same length as a std carbine stock.
It's a tough choice between the Vltor and Magpul.

The Magpul is a better concept but the Vltor looks nicer

They are available though, if you try

Mark
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#14]
btt
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#15]
.- -. -.-- / -. . .-- ... / --- -. / - .... . / .-. ..--- ..--- ...

morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#16]
.-- .... .- - ... / .-- .. - .... / .- .-.. .-.. / - .... . / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ..--..
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
.- -. -.-- / -. . .-- ... / --- -. / - .... . / .-. ..--- ..--- ...

morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html

-. --- - / -.-- . - / -- .- .-. -.- / .. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / ..-. .. -. -.. / --- ..- - / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- / .... --- .--. . ..-. ..- .-.. .-.. -.--
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
.-- .... .- - ... / .-- .. - .... / .- .-.. .-.. / - .... . / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ..--..

The pattern of holes on the handguard of the Rhineland Arms rifle is morse for something. It's not too hard to translate but there are no spaces to show the end of each letter.

One possible combination for the dots and dashes is ETIETMIMT. Try it out but don't post it here, keep it to yourself. IM me if you want to check the answer (but you'll know it's correct if you guess right).

Matt
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#19]
So, the question is, does Mark have a radio licence, or is he indeed old enough to have missed army radio lessons and Batco, and he got taught Morse instead!!

Dave
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So, the question is, does Mark have a radio licence, or is he indeed old enough to have missed army radio lessons and Batco, and he got taught Morse instead!!

Dave

Mark is so old he uses Baudot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The pattern of holes on the handguard of the Rhineland Arms rifle is morse for something. It's not too hard to translate but there are no spaces to show the end of each letter.

One possible combination for the dots and dashes is ETIETMIMT. Try it out but don't post it here, keep it to yourself. IM me if you want to check the answer (but you'll know it's correct if you guess right).

Matt

RHINEland arms? In that case the holes probably spell 'Deutschland uber alles' or 'tomorrow belongs to me'

SteveA - in an EU huggy-feely moment
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
RHINEland arms? In that case the holes probably spell 'Deutschland uber alles' or 'tomorrow belongs to me'

SteveA - in an EU huggy-feely moment

One assumes that is not the literal translation, because, erm, its not.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Taffy
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top