Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 9:18:50 AM EDT
Right lads...

Since I'm winging my way over in that direction for a couple of weeks for an officer's exchange, I thought I might see about setting up some sort of inter-forum drinking session.

My schedule is still up in the air, and I think I'm looking at spending most of my time in the Bovington area (And there will definitely be a gathering there: At least two of the fora I'm on are tank-appreciators and we will be visiting the museum), but would be surprised if I'm not spending an evening in London at some point.

This will occur between Sept 17 and Oct 2.

If interested on being kept abreast of details as they're hammered out, drop me a PM with your email address in it.

NTM

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Dorset?

It's about 3-4 hours for the nearest person on this forum. Where else are you going?

Dave

Would tanknet be one of them?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Right lads...

Since I'm winging my way over in that direction for a couple of weeks for an officer's exchange, I thought I might see about setting up some sort of inter-forum drinking session.

You'll lose

My schedule is still up in the air, and I think I'm looking at spending most of my time in the Bovington area (And there will definitely be a gathering there: At least two of the fora I'm on are tank-appreciators and we will be visiting the museum), but would be surprised if I'm not spending an evening in London at some point.

This will occur between Sept 17 and Oct 2.

If interested on being kept abreast of details as they're hammered out, drop me a PM with your email address in it.

NTM

Bovington's a bit too far away, but if you are near London, then I'm sure something could be made to happen

Mark
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Sept 25th is shoot day at Bisley for the high power boys. I'm sure you could persuade one or two of us to have a beer with you there. It's about 1/2 way between Bovingdon and London.

And you'll most likely not get more ARFcomers together in one place than at a high power day.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Bovingdon....that's all the way over there in England aint it ?

I'll need a Visa

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to The Junior Leaders Regiment Royal Armoured Corps

I love Bovington, can remember learning how to Paracend on the field next to the Tank Museum

But that was back in 1982

Is it really so long ago

Tony
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, sure enough, it seems that my 'open weekend for visitors' is Sept 24/25. Got one or two lads coming over from Ireland, a Tank-Netter or two from London and Lulworth...

NTM
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, sure enough, it seems that my 'open weekend for visitors' is Sept 24/25. Got one or two lads coming over from Ireland, a Tank-Netter or two from London and Lulworth...

NTM

Most of us will be at Bisley shooting a 600yd regional match on the 25th. Not too far from Bovingdon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Confirmed I will be in London the evenings of the upcoming Friday and Saturday... Who's got a drinking hat?

NTM
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Confirmed I will be in London the evenings of the upcoming Friday and Saturday... Who's got a drinking hat?

NTM

and I've got a brick lane curry+lager evening on Friday. We might just bump into each other......
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#10]
FWIW, I'm meeting a friend for drinkies in the Paddington area of london at about 19:00. Feel free to PM if interested in tagging along.

NTM
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
FWIW, I'm meeting a friend for drinkies in the Paddington area of london at about 19:00. Feel free to PM if interested in tagging along.

NTM

Tomorrow???
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Well. today, now.

We're apparently going to The Victoria(Pub), Strathearn Place.

Be there 19:15 or so, onwards. I'm the 6'5 guy in the blue shirt that says 'Army' on it.

Failing that, email eleventh_cavathotmail.com. (Obviously replace the at)

NTM

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#13]
No can do I'm afraid.
Have to get up tomorrow at 4.00 and drive to Mid Wales to shoot a match

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top