Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 7:38:12 AM EDT
Hiya,

Was just wondering if the passport controll has become more dificult since the London terrorist attack's?

I went through Manchester airport back in March, I hadnt been back to the UK for over seven years, so I didnt really know what to expect. Anyway we all got off the plane and made our way to the passport controller/ess. So i had my passport out and ready to hand over, enjoying the scenery, watching the civvy security guards with their belts with loads of kit jammed on to and into them. When all of a sudden it was my turn, so I walked up to the lady and gave her my passport and a polite smile, which she returned. she then looked at my passport and looked back at me, her smile was disappearing fast, as she rose her head again she commented about the picture not really resembling me much. So i gave her a smile and pointed out that the passport was a ten year one that i needed to renew in the next couple of months. All the while in my periphial vision i can see the security bods moving slowly towards us. The only thing that i was thinking was 'GREAT' returning home for a funeral and your going to get lifted because they think you are dodgy. So i let the old Sqaddie out and said, ' I have had a bad ten years'.

She really liked that one, and the two portly security types put a smile on, and i was allowed to pass through. So there i was at the majic roundabout waiting for my kit, noticing but trying to ignore the two same portly security gentlemen that had followed me to the baggage colection point, who were obviously watching me. My thoughts were this is getting silly, are they really going to collar me as i pass out of the controlled area, that was not to be. I got my kit and walked through into the main concourse.

I then made my way over towards the railway station, amazing, that causeway or whatever you call it. I was half way over when I noticed two Police officers coming towards me, both wearing there urban combat kit (inti-stab vests). the younger one carrying an MP5, both had Glocks. I'd love a couple of the Mag base plates, save mine getting nicked on the range (dayglo colored). They were getting closer and i was thinking, I hope that these two havent been dispatched by the passport people to nick me. Well that nasty Squaddie that still lives in me said 'BOLL%§X'. So i gave em a big smile, with a ''toreet is this the right way to railway station''? I really let the lancashire lad dialect out. They were polite and told me that it was, the younger one didnt really like me clocking his kit much, but he didnt say anything about it.

I'm sorry if I have gone on a bit, but i was just curious.

Oh by the way, for those of you who havent fallen asleep by now, apart from my nan's funeral, i had a good time, went for a few walks over the pennines and had a few beers with my old mates, Army and school. I have decide that i need to get back to the UK at least once a year.

Tony

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have decide that i need to get back to the UK at least once a year.

Tony

Try to coincide with a shooting weekend, most any weekend will do
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Hiya,

My thoughts aswell, just need to get a european firearms ticket and a sponsor. if i was to bring my own gun. I can only hope that by then i'll have my own XR15.....

I thought that i had problems in march, bringing in a firearm should really make things intresting.

be good

Tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top