Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 2:22:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing can be converted, i think there are some allready here, didnt cotswald arms do them before the govt ruined his bussiness??
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Cotswold Arms had one once upon a time. I believe he took orders and spouted a lot of crap.
Seems like he did that with a lot of the guns he had....all one-off's. It wasn't an official HK product, pretty much like the MP5 he had....but that was on the verge of being sect5.
Anyway, he got into trouble with some of the guns he was selling, and that was the last we ever heard of him. He did win his case though IIRC
Mark
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
they wernt HKs they were Bruget and frommer (sounds familiar) and they wern't sect 5 as was proved in court, the local plod just didnt like the fun stuff he was selling,

james,
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they wernt HKs they were Bruget and frommer (sounds familiar) and they wern't sect 5 as was proved in court, the local plod just didnt like the fun stuff he was selling,

james,

No they weren't sect 5, I never said they were, but they were far too close to the mark.
The M1 carbines were though.....well, some of them were.
And I'm sure that the Springfield M1A that he had was. How else could he get a Springfield M1A receiver and build a rifle?? Springfield don't sell receivers

Mark
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
well arnt sabre also doing the M1a straight pulls?

james,
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well arnt sabre also doing the M1a straight pulls?

james,

Technically, no.
M1A is a trademark of Springfield Armory, and those were the markings on Cotswolds offering.

Sabre sell a M21 receivered rifle made by Armscorp IIRC.
Sabre's rifles are definately Sect 1

mark
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
ahh i stand corrected,

James,
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#10]
so as long as we can get never been built on recievers, and new parts you could make anything right?

hmmmm interesting....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#12]
hmmm a .22 mp5 would be nice lol

or even a straight pull one,

james
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:06:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
so as long as we can get never been built on recievers, and new parts you could make anything right?

hmmmm interesting....

That's about right

Mark
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
hmmm a .22 mp5 would be nice lol

or even a straight pull one,

james

There's a place in the States that already makes them

Mark
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:49:12 AM EDT
[#16]
i know there are straight pull Mp5's out there,

but no more coming in

i suppose if you had a straight pull 9mm mp5 you could get the .22 conversion kit!

hmm maybe a HK 53

hmm now that would be nice!

james,
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#17]
There was only ever ONE straightpull MP5
Eventually it was transferred to a sect 5 dealer. And that was the end of that.

There is a company in the US that makes a .22 MP5. They have an advert in an old copy of Shotgun News that I have.
If I remember when I get home, I'll dig it out

Mark
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:21:27 AM EDT
[#18]
In ‘reality’, they were Section 5, as they were built as semi-auto in Switzerland by B & T, and then converted after the fact. There was a major UK Company ‘allegedly’ involved in the Import of both the firearms in question so things got very political!

The sticking point with H & K actions is the roller locking lugs. The conversion on the Cotswold Arms version was to ‘swap these out’ to say it was a non-permanent arrangement was to say the least. I saw the MP5 and the Suppressed SL-8 they were selling (one of each). Both of them suffered from distinct legal problems with the barrel length, again nothing on these guns, at the time, would have stood up in court now as a readily non convertible action.

Allegedly, when H&K heard about a UK straight pull version they went ‘mental’ and ‘threatened’ to remove the dealership from any agency that provided the parts to enable such a production. Political pressure ? As at the time they were owned by ….   ….BAE

I have been after a straight pull HK for years, but looks like it will never happen
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#19]
ahh i thought there was more than one, i seem to remember them being reviewed in target gun some years back, Gutted i'd always hoped id be able to get one

james,
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:41:21 AM EDT
[#20]
OK then I'll admit to being interested in a HK straight pull or 22 semiCheers

Why won't HK made them and sell direct to the UK market through themselves or a third party

I thought if the firearms were originaly made as a straight pull and not a conversion it would be legit

Surely there is a market for them here and in Europe

Cheers

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:54:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:59:34 AM EDT
[#22]
The same way that RO wouldn't sell straight pull L98A1's to the UK civilian market despite their engineers, work force and accountants telling them it was a good idea.

The common theme, British defence contractors, The UK political system doesn't like current military kit sold on it home shores. Especially firearms! Firearms contractors are generally 'told' not for commercial UK sale. Hence the L98's that exist went out to Canada and migrated back individually. Look at Accuracy International, happy to sell and deal out to the US and beyond. However, it has got better since Sporting Services took the UK dealership off the American idiot in charge of AI sales at Portsmouth!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:06:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:06:56 AM EDT
[#24]
ANdy,

Not tempted by:-

that 'well respected and honest'  London dealer selling the 925 quid .22 FAL then.........
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#25]
There are some excellent rifles around that are just asking to be made as a .22 version. However, I guess it is volume of sales that is the ultimate driving force! Hence our own conversion kits for the L85, not separate rifles. I would imagine that kits exist or are produced for nearly all the modern rifles? But making the UK legal....? Back round full circle!

In the meantime I'll stick with the 'arriving soon' RhinelandArms (fingers crossed) and that Sig .22 pistol if the law changes...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:06:54 AM EDT
[#28]
As for the .22 FAL's, are we talking about a company run by someone called Guy?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:09:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#30]
OK, I couldn't find the advert in Shotgun News for the .22 cal MP5's, but I did find an advert for .22 UZI's.
Follow this link .22 UZI to Vector Arms website.
I'm still searching for the MP5 ad

Mark
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

In the meantime I'll stick with the 'arriving soon' RhinelandArms (fingers crossed)

I heard that someone has an export licence granted for these and they'll be finished this week, and hopefully shipped next week.
Not sure where I heard that though
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the meantime I'll stick with the 'arriving soon' RhinelandArms (fingers crossed)

I heard that someone has an export licence granted for these and they'll be finished this week, and hopefully shipped next week.

I do…now

ANdy

Mine's already on order (has been for months)

Mark
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do…now

ANdy

Mine's already on order (has been for months)

Mark

Harrumph!  …Insider Trading… Harrumph!

ANdy

Yep, can't wait

BTW, I've changed over to Firefox and the dancing banana doesn't dance

Mark
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:06:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

BTW, I've changed over to Firefox and the dancing banana doesn't dance

Mark

There's a setting for animated gifs, or animations. Not sure where it is, preferences I think, but I'm running an older version of Firefox just now and I haven't upgraded so I cannot find the setting. It might be the 'show website icons' in 'edit/preferences/appearance' or try 'tools/image manager'.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:49:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I've got Firefox 1.0.6 - can't see the animation setting anywhere, but the banana is dancing...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I've got Firefox 1.0.6 - can't see the animation setting anywhere, but the banana is dancing...

It seems to be dancing now
Weird

Mark
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#39]
How much Stella had been consumed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top