User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2009 6:51:54 PM EDT
Any?
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Today, we the government, have enacted legislation that will change the laws of physics.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I watched a talk show on a more serious TV channel last night and they had two senior Politicians as guests, who were both from different political parties, but were both reading the current gun laws the same way. The laws are as good as they have ever been in Germany, and had the Father observed them, this disaster wouldn't have been possible. However they were both agreed that surprise inspections by the authorities to see just how gun owners store their weapons should be carried out in the future.

There was a lot of discussion about computer "shoot em up" games though, although I don't play games like that I can see the point to a certain degree, having said that, each to their own, and live and let live.

Tony

If that's all they change it's a reasonable outcome.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Have there been any repercussions for the father ? License revoked ?
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have there been any repercussions for the father ? License revoked ?

I have heard that the father has surrendered his other weapons to the authorities, just pre-empted the authorities confiscating them.

Tony

I'm surprised that the Police hadn't already seized his other firearms...I imagine that would have happened pretty quickly over here ? ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I am sure that this is just a media thing.
They will get your guns if you get cought DUI (That is a good idea!) so I am sure they took them as they came in the house the first time.
For sure he will not ever again. Poor sucker.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I am not trying to make this into any kind of abrasive comment but I just have to wonder.

In a Eurpoean Country, the likeliness of having someone with a firearm is soo reduced because of the firearms restrictions I would NEVER think anything like this would happen. When I visited Germany I went to one store that had shotguns AND THAT'S IT. They had airsoft {which I bought two of} and really nothing that could hold a match to what I had in my bedroom and I'm not joking.

I have had one thing happen to me when this happened. It made me realize that NO MATTER how strict gun laws are, someone, with the will, can do any ammount of damage. In a Country like Germany, where I think I'd cause World War 3 for carrying any kind of weapon down the street, I believe it's just reinforcement that IF anyone has the will to do something, they'll do it. Politicians need to get that through their heads. You can't prevent everyone from doing things that may harm themselves or others. If the politicians saw it fit, we would all sit on our couch and never leave. The ammount of deaths would drop and injuries would be reduced to almost nothing. It just was the most amazing thing I've seen when I saw that Deutchland had a student go into their old school, with a FIREARM and kill people. I'm sure with some of the strictest gun laws on that Continent. Now they are looking to go house to house to check if people are doing the proper procedures? That's the most ubsurd thing I've heard of.

And stop looking to blame the father. I'm sure that he and his family, including relatives and friends, are now going to be looked down upon because of one persons action. Anyone with kids should know that you don't know all of the possibilities that could happen with a kid. You just try to minimize them. Some things just can't be prevented. The kid could have gotten into a car and gone driving down the Autobahn and creemed the fuck out of a bus full of kids and killed some of them. Oh, the bus needs to be bubble wrapped now, with quadruple side impact curtain airbags and a camera that will take a picture of the perps face before it gets smashed into the steering wheel. IT NEVER ENDS. "Oh, we can fix it!"

Jeez, It makes me sad. Europe has many nice things, but some things I think are lost for now in that culture. Okay, y'all can jump on me about how much gasoline my SUV uses and why you're so glad that Bush is gone now. I'm sorry to have gone into this rant. Some people die sooner than others. Most, not by choice. I just hope y'all see what I'm getting at and I'm sure you will. Nobody is perfect, including politicians. This wasn't meant to be an attack to anyone in this thread, It's just how I feel about it. I'm sick of all these other Countries blaming shit and pointing fingers, including my own. You guys take care.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Jeepinva,

no one is jumping at you. That is not our additute.

I agree with you in this or that point.

But I have to blame the father.
Yes, he and his family will have a terible life.
But cause he acted against the law his boy had it much easier to
do what he did.
And yes, may be you can´t stop peopel doing s**t like this.
But I don´t have to make it easy for them.

Don´t missunderstand me, I am pro-gun and all.
But if you don´t have the responsibillity to own a gun, buy a ball.

Cheers,

Gunner
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 1:52:02 AM EDT
[#15]
A ban on paintball

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/5291891/Germany-to-ban-paintball-in-wake-of-high-school-shooting.html
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#17]
whose society of stoic silence failed him, and is in all probability responsible for his actions

I disagree.. the guy is the ONLY one responsible of his action.. it's time to stop putting all evils on the back of the society.. I hate that.

Stop de-reponsanbilizing people !
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
whose society of stoic silence failed him, and is in all probability responsible for his actions
I disagree.. the guy is the ONLY one responsible of his action.. it's time to stop putting all evils on the back of the society.. I hate that.
Stop de-reponsanbilizing people !
+++1
Soren
eta: The father should have seen the symptoms, nobody listens to a 14 year old -the sister was obviously right.... and mobbing is a terrible thing, but the kid should have been on medication, not bying 9 mm ammo. He is still responsible for his actions though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Lack of morals and right and wrong IMHO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top