Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2022 2:58:21 PM EDT
I'm planning on getting my motorcycle endorsement but I'm having a difficult time finding what is involved in the NM skills test at MVD. Anyone have any insight?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
When I did the motorcycle test back in 2005, the skills tester met you at the DMV site over on the frontage road near Candelaria & I25.

They have a little road course set up there, with cones & stuff. You had to do a u-turn inside of a little coned in box (don’t remember how big), then you had to weave in & out of some cones that were set up in a straight line (can’t remember how far apart the cones were), & then you had to get up to, I think 25 mph & slam on the brakes & come to a stop inside of some cones that were set up in a box pattern. You also had to demonstrate parking in tight spaces, by backing into some cone spaces.

Here is where the test was:
Attachment Attached File

Here is the website for them:
https://www.nm-msp.org/Curriculum.aspx
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it possible to do this through a driving school?

My 16yr old did all of her drivers ed through a school. Then she did her driving test with a police officer.
Then you take all the info to mvd and they gave her her license. Was actually pretty easy.
View Quote

It is possible. It’s right there in the link I posted.

New Mexico motorcycle safety program basic riders course. In the link is class curriculum & range exercises.

The range exercises are basically the state test for motorcycles, a class M endorsement, over 100cc I believe.

Edit: also be aware that almost any motorcycle dealership can set you with a riders course. They are, obviously, in the business of getting your ass on a motorcycle. Plus, they want you safe so will come back & buy shit from them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Rode a motorcycle for 15 years without a stinking 'endorsement' without a problem.  Cops never gave two shots.

Riding in/around Albaqwacky is akin to suicide.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rode a motorcycle for 15 years without a stinking 'endorsement' without a problem.  Cops never gave two shots.

Riding in/around Albaqwacky is akin to suicide.
View Quote
Same in the hell hole known as Santa Fe... As an added bonus, the police are corrupt and will not even bother to investigate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top