Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2021 4:34:08 PM EDT
Looking for:
Place to get 10mm Canon lens
Place to get good resource book for local flora and fauna

Planning to see Albuquerque and Dulce. Already in Roswell. Any can't miss locations we may have overlooked?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop at the giant pistachio, the green chile nuts are great. Good time of year for White Sands. Carlsbad caverns would be a good side trip if you are in the area.

Dulce?  Nice area, but not much there.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Did White Sands today. I had forgotten that veterans get free admission to national parks, which was a bonus.

The park store by the gift shop had excellent books on local flora and fauna. Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop at the giant pistachio, the green chile nuts are great. Good time of year for White Sands. Carlsbad caverns would be a good side trip if you are in the area.

Dulce?  Nice area, but not much there.  
View Quote

100% agree with the green chile 'stachios.  Nom, nom.

There is actually a lot to see around Dulce.  Ancient stuff, lots of deer, elk, bear, gold/silver prospecting, etc.  Even better if you know somebody from the Jicarilla Nation, they get to shoot whatever they want, whenever they want.  Biggest buck I've ever taken was there, out of my friend's front yard, with a Glock 20.  Tasty sumgun, as it had been eatin' from his lawn and garden for most of the year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top