Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2021 11:01:03 PM EDT
DK Guns and Pawn, Silver City - $40 per firearm
Rough Country Outdoor Gear, Silver City - $50 per firearm

WTF?

Two years ago I was paying Rio Mimbres Armory (in the back room of the Gila Animal Clinic) $20 per 4473 form.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I use ABQ Guns in Albuquerque, he has always been $15, I know this is probably not going to help you in Grant County but just as a point of reference that there are still some FFL's out there that realize that giving people a break on back round checks promotes additional sales down the road, heck sometimes I just stop in to ABQ Guns and buy a gun because I like the way they treat me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: I use ABQ Guns in Albuquerque, he has always been $15
View Quote
I appreciate the point of reference.  I routinely hear talk of $20 nationally.  Clearly, Grant County is completely out of whack.  Eventually, I'll find a fair FFL and let all my friends and family know about it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#4]
a few years ago i dealt with a pawn shop in Arenas Valley outside of Silver City.

it was run by a very nice lady named Reggie.

she charged $20 for a transfer and the next one was free. i did a lot of transfers from her and just paid $10 each time.

unfortunately she retired and i had to use a pawn shop in town.

they started at $20 per transfer but now are up to $40 in a fairly short span of time.

don't know if it's because of greed or that they are just trying to stay afloat.

miss you Reggie...
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: i had to use a pawn shop in town.

they started at $20 per transfer but now are up to $40 in a fairly short span of time.

don't know if it's because of greed or that they are just trying to stay afloat.
View Quote
DK Guns and Pawn in town jumped to $40 in a hurry.  At the peak of the COVID hysteria, I was filling out 4473 forms in the parking lot as our Governor wouldn't allow me in their shop.  If at $40 you're the cheapest FFL within a 50 mile radius, it simply becomes supply and demand.  I guess I need to expand my search to Deming, Lordsburg, and possibly Las Cruces.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DK Guns and Pawn in town jumped to $40 in a hurry.  At the peak of the COVID hysteria, I was filling out 4473 forms in the parking lot as our Governor wouldn't allow me in their shop.  If at $40 you're the cheapest FFL within a 50 mile radius, it simply becomes supply and demand.  I guess I need to expand my search to Deming, Lordsburg, and possibly Las Cruces.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: i had to use a pawn shop in town.

If you have access to White Sands Missile Range, Outdoor Rec charges $25
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: If you have access to White Sands Missile Range, Outdoor Rec charges $25
View Quote
Thanks for the tip, but that's about a six hour roundtrip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top