Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2021 8:28:18 PM EDT
Wanting to stop in Deming for least two nights, know where to stay....But, with all this illegal intruding of mobs, just how smart is that stop for an overnight?  Heard that the illegals were being housed at the airport?  Perhaps elsewhere, for sure can roam about looking to do dash and grabs ????  Great place, but then can be in terror fast!

edit to remove derogatory term-NMwaterfowler
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO The biggest problem in Deming crime wise, other than the locals shoplifting like hell (I once advised a major retailers loss prevention VP that he could expect the new store they were building in Deming to shrink out, "because everyone shrinks out in Deming, EVERYONE!" The Walmart there lost over a million dollars in shrink the first year they were open.) is the large number of transients going through the area. Folks just traveling along I-10 stealing their way across the country breaking into vehicles in hotel parking lots etc. Also lots of homeless drifters as well. One was nice enough once to show a car full of us his penis while he stood right in front of the doors at the KFC.

I honestly don't think illegals are going to be one of your major threats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top