Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2021 1:40:43 PM EDT
So, we had some moderate rain in Santa Fe and my roof developed a leak. It is at the seem of the canales and the wall. I can't see any visible damage. It's a traditional tar and gravel roof. Any patching advice would be appreciated.
Pics to follow.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sop the excess water off.

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get a gallon can of tar.  Fill in the hole.  Viola.

ETA:  Flat roofs are notorious for that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that’s pretty much what I did. There’s a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. So, I’ll be able to find out how well I did.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah that’s pretty much what I did. There’s a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. So, I’ll be able to find out how well I did.
View Quote

Once a flat roof starts leaking, it's all but over.

Take all of your good shit out of that place.  Have a party with lots of drunken 'Liberals' and set fire to it.  Two birdies, one stone.

Get your insurance check and move out of this shithole with the rest of us freedom loving individuals.

Phug New Messicko.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Barring a miracle, I’m here for at least the next three years.

Link Posted: 6/28/2021 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Barring a miracle, I’m here for at least the next three years.

View Quote

If the wife and I don't get out of here in the next couple of months, you will see/hear about me in the news.  Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Pay someone to rhino line your roof. I hate flat roofs.

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Maha,
I saw your email. I’d be interested in the contractor’s name.
Thanks
Long rain today. No leaks. But I’ve overbuilt with the tar and now have a pooling problem. Hopefully it holds until the sun comes out again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top