Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 7:01:09 PM EDT
They should be posted in the next week or so.

Post up your results.

Brag about your tags.
Bitch about your failed applications.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
April 28th if I’m not mistaken.

I was a bitcher last year.

Hopefully not this year.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I went 0 for 6 last year, this year I only applied for 4 tags (Deer, Elk, Oryx, and Antelope)

I think we will see the results posted next week.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I am betting the results come out April 21 before noon.  Hoping to have some fun hunts this year.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Website says April 28th. Yet results are in this morning.

& once again I get screwed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I drew a muzzy deer tag and a rifle Barbary Sheep.  Little bummed about no elk tag, but I have a friend with some landowner tags.  Most of my friends did not draw any tags.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I DREW NOTHING AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!
0-4

I'm beginning to wonder why bother with this, it is no wonder that the hunting sport in general is no longer a family activity.
It used to be a yearly tradition to head to the the mountains with friends and family to the traditional hunting camp but with drawing tags few and far between it is hard to plan such activities.
I can't remember the last time I took one of my centerfire rifles for a walk in the woods with a tag in my pocket, I switched to bow and muzzle loader many years ago to help increase my odds but now even those hunts are getting hard to draw.

Oh well there is always wood cutting trips to satisfy the camping urge, them dead animals stink anyways....

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I DREW NOTHING AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!
0-4

I'm beginning to wonder why bother with this, it is no wonder that the hunting sport in general is no longer a family activity.
It used to be a yearly tradition to head to the the mountains with friends and family to the traditional hunting camp but with drawing tags few and far between it is hard to plan such activities.
I can't remember the last time I took one of my centerfire rifles for a walk in the woods with a tag in my pocket, I switched to bow and muzzle loader many years ago to help increase my odds but now even those hunts are getting hard to draw.

Oh well there is always wood cutting trips to satisfy the camping urge, them dead animals stink anyways....

View Quote

I hear that. Between me & my son, we went 0-6. That’s ridiculous to me.

I’ll just start buying landowner permits & skip Santa Fe altogether.

Now, can anyone recommend a landowner permit website? Because all I’m seeing is outfitter sites. I see the word outfitter & I know the prices are insane & I can’t afford anything to do with an outfitter.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck to everyone.  I was fortunate enough to draw a sandhill crane tag for January.  Always a fun hunt.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top