Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2021 10:46:52 PM EDT
Opening day is in 4 days and I was wondering if anyone here is going out to hunt some gobblers?

My buddy and I went scouting today and didn’t see nor hear any birds. Hope everyone that’s going out hunting fills their tags and stays safe.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Took my daughter up north for the early youth season.  We got into some birds but my lack of patience messed up the best opportunity.  We had a great time, as always.  I will probably hunt on a friends property for Rio Grandes for opening weekend.  I've never shot one, so I will spend some time trying for one this year.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m hoping to take my 12yr old daughter for her first hunt.
Successful or not, it will be great
View Quote

Quoted:
Took my daughter up north for the early youth season.  We got into some birds but my lack of patience messed up the best opportunity.  We had a great time, as always.  I will probably hunt on a friends property for Rio Grandes for opening weekend.  I've never shot one, so I will spend some time trying for one this year.
View Quote

Glad some of us are getting out to do some turkey hunting. I hope everyone’s hunts go good!

We have a late start tomorrow but we are still going out to see what we can get into and staying late to try and find some that are roosting for the next day.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#4]
So my buddy and I have been out a total of 5 days split up on two different weekends and have nothing to show for. We are still trying to find them in the Cibola National Forest, close to Tajique.

We’ve heard a couple gobblers talking back to our calls but they just don’t want to come to us . The wind each weekend puts a damper on things too, meaning a whole lot of hiking off trails just to be able to try and hear them.

Hope everyone else’s season is going good. If you’re seeing a bunch of male turkeys around, throw the location my way. We have one more shot. We will be camping again which is always a good time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top