Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2021 12:11:00 PM EDT
So if this passes about 95% of my guns become illegal. And I am not the only one.

I work as a gunsmith for the .Gov

most of my guns have parts that i have made from springs to internals.

This is some bullshit.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/02/new-mexico-considering-more-red-flag-laws-ban-on-homemade-guns/

House Bill 166 would essentially end the centuries-old custom of manufacturing firearms, or firearms components, for personal use. This proposed ban on self-made firearms would criminalize hobbyists who design, assemble, or manufacture their own guns or gun components.  HB 166 creates a whole new list of felony offenses and restrictions that far exceed federal law:

* It would make you a felon if you manufacture or otherwise assemble a firearm and you are not a federally-licensed manufacturer or dealer, even if using a serialized receiver purchased from an FFL with a background check, or if you possess such a firearm made by a non-FFL.

* It would make you a felon if you manufacture or otherwise assemble a gun that has no serial number placed on the receiver or frame by a federally-licensed manufacturer or importer, or if you are not an FFL and you possess or purchase separately or as part of a kit, a firearm frame or receiver that lacks an imprinted serial number.

* It would make you a felon if you use a 3D printer or similar device to manufacture a firearm or firearm component and you are not a federally-licensed manufacturer or dealer, or if you possess a firearm (or, presumably a firearm component) manufactured by a non-FFL using a 3D printer.  Anyone making this technology, including digital instructions or design files, available for firearms or firearm component production to non-FFLs in New Mexico, would be a felon.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yet NM with its gun laws still has almost 2x the murder rate of TX, and one of the highest murder rates in the US.

The average New Mexican is a fucking moron that believes their lives are better because the Dems promise them free shit.  Yet everyone with a degree and/or work ethic is leaving for AZ, TX, or CO for a job because the NM Dems keep killing jobs.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I cringe the entire time the legislature is in session. Nothing good ever comes from it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yet NM with its gun laws still has almost 2x the murder rate of TX, and one of the highest murder rates in the US.

The average New Mexican is a fucking moron that believes their lives are better because the Dems promise them free shit.  Yet everyone with a degree and/or work ethic is leaving for AZ, TX, or CO for a job because the NM Dems keep killing jobs.  
View Quote

Us retired fuggers are leaving, too.

Anybody want to guess what's going to happen when the Midget in the Roundhouse realizes this?

Naddadamnthing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The session is almost over... We might survive this one.

Unpopular opinion, the session should be cut to 1 day a year to limit the damage that can happen.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The average New Mexican is a fucking moron
View Quote

And that pretty much sums up the situation
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
From what I see, the bill failed, just wanted to check in with y'all to make sure that's true.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]
My understanding is that none of the anti gun bills made it out of committee.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Fortunately every single anti-gun bill died this year. Don’t worry though, they’ll circle back around next season.

https://pinonpost.com/every-single-anti-gun-bill-died-this-legislative-session/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top