Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2012 7:10:36 PM EDT
CQW and I will give away a gift certificate good for one of our handgun classes.
It can be redeemed for a new CHL class, refresher or renewal.
If you've already completed one of our classes, it can be redeemed for an advanced class.
We will chose the winner based upon our own, capricious opinions.
Please post why you deserve it more than the next guy.

Merry Christmas,
Lee
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to put my sister in for it.  For her 21st bday I promised to pay for her CHL class that was 4 years ago.  She just moved to New Mexico and loves to shoot guns.  Some say she is a better shot then some of the NMHTF guys...  She is looking for her own handgun to take with her when she travels for work.  She is drawn towards a 500 Smith and Wesson, I don't know why.  She just love the Snidley Whiplash look.

MAHA
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
While I would love to take another class from you guys I will wait til I can pay for it! I just want to say that it is great that you guys are doing this and that whoever wins it will definitely enjoy the class and learn good stuff! Good luck to all the entries and thanks bad and CQ for doing this.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 3:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that is a nice Christmas present to some lucky guy....or gal!    That is very generous from you Santa's.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#4]
How's he know we're both shaped like Santa?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL.  I am sure I am getting some weird looks from people at work becasue I am laughing...

MAHA
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some say she is a better shot then some of the NMHTF guys...

Lili Von Schtupp<It's twew, It's twew>Lili Von Schtupp

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I thought I saw a little cabbage patch doll resemblance in one of you guys.... lol  
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not posting this because I feel that I "deserve it more than the next guy" ...because there are a lot of good NMHTFers on here!

However, I wouldn't mind taking a CCW class from Lee...so, I think he should let me take his class on the 29-30th because I will bring him a PMAG!

Oh yeah, and I've spent too much money the last couple months to justify taking a class next week. I went a little overboard after the elections buying ammo and my family just sponsored a couple families this Christmas from a list of less fortunate kids attending Alameda elementary school. And did I mention, I'll bring Lee a Pmag?!?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And did I mention, I'll bring Lee a Pmag?!?

For the price people are paying for those, your wife should be able to attend the course, also.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like we have some decent interest and at least one fan...
We'll have to figure this out soon.

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not posting this because I feel that I "deserve it more than the next guy" ...because there are a lot of good NMHTFers on here!

However, I wouldn't mind taking a CCW class from Lee...so, I think he should let me take his class on the 29-30th because I will bring him a PMAG!

Oh yeah, and I've spent too much money the last couple months to justify taking a class next week. I went a little overboard after the elections buying ammo and my family just sponsored a couple families this Christmas from a list of less fortunate kids attending Alameda elementary school. And did I mention, I'll bring Lee a Pmag?!?[/quote]

Hell, I see your Pmag and up you 1 if that's what it takes!  

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I hate to admit that I own nothing that will take a PMag, but CQ does...
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, I can't believe how few people have expressed an interest in a free class with great instructors! (I have no first hand experience, only what I hear from you guys)  I would have thought it would be at least a couple of pages by now.  Heck I'm interested too but I don't have a great story to tell why I should be chosen and I sure am not going to BS one either.  I can only assume the rest of you are like me in that regard.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I would like to be entered in the raffle for the class because...I need to take a CCW class to get my NM CCW permit! :)

My old Washington state one is not recognized here :P

Why pick me?  I will advertise on your behalf for people who want to get their CCW!
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]
What a hard decision to make...
Maybe we should add a second, half-off certificate to the pool...

Added!
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Id like to put up my little sister.

Well the reason Im putting her up is because she our future. She likes and respect guns even though she has a more center left social few at her young age, no thanks to our parents. He's not bad for a kid with a ,22lr pistol or ar15.
She enjoys shooting, and a nerd.

Shes young so that might dis-qualified but kool pictures though.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll throw my hat in the ring, as this would be a good forcing function to make me get my CC permit. I can't say I'm any more or less deserving than anyone else though, but maybe I'm lucky (if this turns into a random drawing )
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What a hard decision to make...
Maybe we should add a second, half-off certificate to the pool...

Added!

That's very generous of you Lee, merry xmas!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll throw my hat in the ring, as this would be a good forcing function to make me get my CC permit. I can't say I'm any more or less deserving than anyone else though, but maybe I'm lucky (if this turns into a random drawing )

Great!   I'm in the same boat.  I have been thinking about getting my CC  for a very long time but keep putting it off. ( I am a bit of a procrastinator at times. )   Regardless I will do it this coming year and because of our generous "Santa's" and their reputation for doing a great job above what is required; I will make it a point of taking the class with them.    So how about the rest of you that don't have a CC permit, how about committing to getting yours this coming year!    

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great!   I'm in the same boat.  I have been thinking about getting my CC  for a very long time but keep putting it off. ( I am a bit of a procrastinator at times. )   Regardless I will do it this coming year and because of our generous "Santa's" and their reputation for doing a great job above what is required; I will make it a point of taking the class with them.    So how about the rest of you that don't have a CC permit, how about committing to getting yours this coming year!    

Like a dumbass, my CCW expired last January.  My wife and I took the class and submitted everything to the nice lady at the Darth Vader building beginning of October.  Still waiting on the new license.

The first time I turned everything in, it only took three weeks to get it.  I guess the lazyassed bureaucraps are taking their sweet time these days.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like a dumbass, my CCW expired last January.  My wife and I took the class and submitted everything to the nice lady at the Darth Vader building beginning of October.  Still waiting on the new license.

The first time I turned everything in, it only took three weeks to get it.  I guess the lazyassed bureaucraps are taking their sweet time these days.

Good one Yipy, I like your sense of humor...or is that just factual reporting?  

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good one Yipy, I like your sense of humor...or is that just factual reporting?  

Many years ago, I took my 6 year old niece to Coronado mall.  Driving near that building, she got all excited, pointing at the building and said, "Look, look, they made a Darth Vader building".  I started laughing so hard, I had to pull over.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I need this because I am a broke student with a wife and 3 year old daughter. I've wanted to get my ccw permit for years but can never talk the wife into letting me spend the money on it. These two gals are my world and I would do anything to protect them. Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas to all of you. Stay safe out there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#24]
This is funny that I found this thread...just tonight after my family opened our xmass eve presents and we were all sitting around talking shooting the bull my 72 year old mother told us she wanted to get her ccw and asked me how to do it......I explained everything to her and when we got to price she said never mind that she couldn't afford it. I told her if she wanted to do it I would pay for it. Being a ccw will be a big deal to her she is and always has been a big supporter of the second amendment despite growing up in a liberal house in Chicago of all places. We have always gone hunting and fishing as a family and she carries now but only in the car and beside her bed on the night stand she does not carry any where else because she does not want to carry open. She would really like being ccw.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn that doesn't give me hope for the 45 day estimate I was given regarding my four year renewal. Have u called to ask wtf  the hold up is?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you all for the interest.
It appears that the only fair way to do this is a random drawing.
I will assign numbers, sequentially, based upon the post order.
After that, I'll use random.org's website to pick two winners.
The first will get the certificate for a class and the second will get the half-off coupon.

1 is Maha
2 is LynC2
3 is LocknLoadNM
4 is D_E
5 is rb1988
6 is strayshot
7 is bigjimbogee
8 is newmexicocrawler

Did I miss anyone that didn't excuse themselves?

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Congrats to the winners. Your going to have a blast (no pun intended)!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:27:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Thank you for your generosity. Good luck everyone!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#29]
I've got the dice out. We'll just have to see what the roll is when Lee gets here. I'd put the names on a target & have Lee shoot blindfolded to pick a winner, but that would not be random. I've seen him shoot blindfolded. Perhaps we'll let an IPSC shooter do it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Exciting!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]
The numbers generated were 5 and 2.
Congratulations rb1988 and LynC2!
PM your contact info to me or CQ so we can send you some info.

For those of you who did not win, we still give a discount to denizens of the NMWTF.

THANKS!

-Lee
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Delete,  goof up!  It should have been an IM.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Congrats guys.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#34]
congratulations guys! Have fun.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Good on you BK and CQW!!!!

Congrats to the winners.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good on you BK and CQW!!!!

Congrats to the winners.

+1!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Message your email addresses to me & I'll get the welcome pkg to you post haste. There's a class this weekend & the next is the 2md weekend of January. Haven't decided on February's class yet. After I get back from Ireland. Now you need to see if you can get BK to slip in a discount on our metallic reloading class before I can stop him.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank you, I pmed info On my sister.

Happy Holidays,

RB

Quoted:

For those of you who did not win, we still give a discount to denizens of the NMWTF.

THANKS!

-Lee

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Congrats all!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

THANKS!

-Lee

Thanks a million guys, I (as I am sure all here)  appreciate your generosity and support on our NM Home Town Forum site!  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Special thanks to LynC2 for passing his prize on to another member!
We'll have something for you, too, when you're ready.

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#42]
LynC2 is a very generous man indeed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top