Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 1:11:16 PM EDT
Hello New Mexicans!

My wife and I are planning a trip out to Santa Fe from Houston in Dec.  I've been looking up stuff to do on tripadvisor and roadside america and wanted some input from ya'll.

Leaving from Houston and spending the night in Amariilo.  Then three nights in Santa Fe and then back down thru Ft. Sumner and Roswell and spending Christmas Eve in San Antonio.

Any suggestions on places to visit or eat at while we are in your lovely state?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the Plaza in Santa Fe and spend some money.  The La Fonda is a great place to stay and do the touristy stuff.

While in Ft. Sumner, check out Billy the Kid's grave.

Roshell, check out the UFO museum if you are into that kind of thing.

Stop in Carlsbad and check out the Christmas on the Pecos, especially if you have kids.  The Nature Park and Caverns are worth a look-see.

Other than that, enjoy the scenery.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think you know this state from end to end better than anyone I know.

Quoted:
Go to the Plaza in Santa Fe and spend some money.  The La Fonda is a great place to stay and do the touristy stuff.

While in Ft. Sumner, check out Billy the Kid's grave.

Roshell, check out the UFO museum if you are into that kind of thing.

Stop in Carlsbad and check out the Christmas on the Pecos, especially if you have kids.  The Nature Park and Caverns are worth a look-see.

Other than that, enjoy the scenery.

Considering an average of 65 thousand miles a year on the company car, I can tell you about every bump, crack and slick spots on every road.

ETA:  And, I can tell you what almost every Arfkommer in New Mexico looks like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top