Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2011 10:13:08 AM EDT
Ok guys, I got my hand slapped a little for not knowing the rules, but that's been solved with the help of fowler. So, thank you to him for getting this approved. Again, let me give you the story. My old neighbor, whom I'm still good friends with is the president of the Marine Corps league here in Albuquerque. He's a great guy, and veteran of Iraq 2 times. One of their members died in September and left them a Rifle to Raffle. This is a non-profit league, all the money goes back to the league, who do things like having birthday party's for WWII veterans, award ceremonies for returning service members, send off dinners for service members who are leaving on a tour of duty, welcome home dinners for returning veterans, and honor our fallen service members at funerals, stuff like that. These are some good guys, who do some cool things. But, as we all know there is never enough money on the table to honor our veterans. So, that brings us back to the rifle raffle. The Rifle to be raffled is an M1A service match rifle with accessories (bipod, sling, stuff like that) The package was appraised by Ron Petersons gun shop here in Albuquerque at $2500. The tickets are $5 a ticket or 5 tickets for $20. You DON'T have to be present to win. If you win a federal back round check will be done by Ron Petersons gun shop. The drawing is the 1ST WEEKEND OF JUNE. The person to contact for tickets is Elias Franco, President of the Marine Corps league here in Albuquerque, His number is (505)-659-8370. He will mail you the tickets you buy or I can pick them up if you prefer. If you want pictures of the rifle just tell him when you order your tickets and he will email them to you. Just send me a private mail if you would like me to pick them up for you. Lets hope one of us NMHTF persons wins so we can get a range report from it and maybe even shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
In! In and IN!!!  I'll give him a call.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you striker, these guys are ex static to have some outside attention.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the rifle that you could win. They had it at the gun show this weekend.
Sorry for the terrible picture guys. Damn phone cameras!

Link Posted: 3/6/2011 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I had forgotten about this.

Glad you bumped with pics, I will call soon.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
That's not an M1 Rifle as stated in the OP- It's an M1A! HELLUVA nice Service Rifle. I'm in. Can't get too many of those, plus its a damned good cause. H.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Why is this thread red???? Didn't mean to rhyme it just happened!
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Ooooh, I get it now! Thought I had gotten in trouble again.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is this thread red???? Didn't mean to rhyme it just happened!

isn't it eye catching?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Talked with my buddy this weekend, not many tickets left!!! Now's the time if your gonna do it!

Oh, ya––––––––––––––––––––-B––––U––––M––––P!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#12]
REMEMBER GENTS: THIS ISN'T AN M1, ITS A SPRINGFIELD ARMORY M1A! I BET ITS GOT RADAR TOO. H.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I changed it for ya, M1A. Hey bro take alook at the NMHTF members gun pic thread and look at my grandpa in law's M1 carbine. Tell me what ya think.

Quoted:
REMEMBER GENTS: THIS ISN'T AN M1, ITS A SPRINGFIELD ARMORY M1A! I BET ITS GOT RADAR TOO. H.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I changed it for ya, M1A. Hey bro take alook at the NMHTF members gun pic thread and look at my grandpa in law's M1 carbine. Tell me what ya think.
Well done, M1A for clarity's sake. Speaking of clarity, the M1's I love are M1 RIFLES, not the carbines. No offense meant.

I gotta call that guy with the M1A raffle and get a set of 5 tickets. Ought to do that before the Mrs gets home.... H.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well done, M1A for clarity's sake. Speaking of clarity, the M1's I love are M1 RIFLES, not the carbines. No offense meant.
I gotta call that guy with the M1A raffle and get a set of 5 tickets. Ought to do that before the Mrs gets home.... H.

No offense taken here. If one of us here wins, that'd be pretty awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top