Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 5:57:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I remember the place.  Went in there one day and looked at an Enterprise FAL, built off of an Austrian STG.  They wanted 7 bills for it.  I laughed and told the guy I wouldn't pay more than 4.

I walked out of the place, with the rifle and half a dozen 20 round Austrian mags, 4 bills out the door.  By the stroke of God, this rifle is one of the few that actually fires.  It had the 2-piece operating rod problem.  Bought a US made op-rod, and it is a sweet shooter.

Went back there a couple of months later, and it was vacant.

Albuquerque has had quite a few gunshops come and go.

Remember Quartermaster Sales?  Never be the 'wheel man' in a drug deal, especially when you are the owner of a gunshop.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Remember Quartermaster Sales?  Never be the 'wheel man' in a drug deal, especially when you are the owner of a gunshop.

That used to be my favorite shop.

Is that what happened?  I always wondered, it went away so fast.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That used to be my favorite shop.

Is that what happened?  I always wondered, it went away so fast.

Yeah, QS was a great place to hang out and occasionally buy stuff.  Back in the early '90s, I spent quite a bit of coin in the place.

When the owner got zapped, his daughter tried to run the place, but her and her boyfriend ran it into the ground.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top