Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/18/2009 6:35:57 AM EDT
It seems like the more time I spend on this site the more I like the hometown forum. I like coming here to see what is happening. I know that a lot does not happen in NM, but somethings got to be happening. Look around at the number of topics, and replies in the other state forums. I realize that NM is not a very big state as far as population is concenred, but we do have a lot of gun lovers. Lets keep spreading the word.

Please post a hello when you read this, and how often do you check this forum.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
i check the hometown forum all the time for something new.  but i usualy don't have much to say.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Good idea.

I check in daily. Sometimes more so if  I see new posts.

We lost a very active portion of our HTF from down south. Been a few months now. Hopefully people meeting and getting to know each other will help though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I check almost daily.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I check mulitple times a day.  Does anyone know about an Appleseed shoot in Las Cruces?
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#5]
well hello,

i check everyday!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey NMWF
I check daily
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm an addict!!!

If I log in this is on my top 3 first site.

So the answer is multiple checks daily......

Slim
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I check in to see if there is anything new.  I only post if I feel there is something that I can contribute.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I check every day or so.  I guess since I moved to Georgia a week and a half ago I now have two HTFs to check into now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Hola

I usually check it out 2 or 3 times a week, just to see whats goin' on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I check in daily...
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Checkin in......

Couple times a week to a couple times a day.
Just depends on how much time I got and how much money I wanna spend.
Looking at this site is like looking at a gunstore for too long.
You will spend if you stay long enough.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Check in 3-5 times a week.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I check in at least 3-4 times a week.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#15]
howdy, check in daily
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Daily
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Always check to see if anything new.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I stop by almost daily to the NM forum, couple of times a day to ARCOM in general.

Craig
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I check almost daily.

Same here
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:11:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I check in several times a week
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good idea.

We lost a very active portion of our HTF from down south. Been a few months now. Hopefully people meeting and getting to know each other will help though.

Unfortunate, but ego was the issue with that.  

Also there have been 2-3 others that posted frequently who left in a huff or who have almost completely stopped posting here.  I can only guess that this was because they don't care for the rules here at ARFCOM.  They challenged me, I did just as STAFF advised, and they didn't like it.

I'm not trying to poke a hornet's nest with a stick, but I felt a quick explanation of the facts was justified.

And yeah, I check in everyday.

Being a mod seems like it would be a thankless job, but it is appreciated. The rules are the same for everybody.

This site covers some of the most controversial topics in this country, so there is going to be some people don't like it when you disagree with them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea.

Unfortunate, but ego was the issue with that.  

Also there have been 2-3 others that posted frequently who left in a huff or who have almost completely stopped posting here.  I can only guess that this was because they don't care for the rules here at ARFCOM.  They challenged me, I did just as STAFF advised, and they didn't like it.

I'm not trying to poke a hornet's nest with a stick, but I felt a quick explanation of the facts was justified.

And yeah, I check in everyday.

Just to clarify my position, Mcgrubbs you did nothing wrong about that situation.

Rules are rules.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Did I miss something about our southern fall out brothers?  I thought I knew what it was referring to, as I am losing over $500 on that situation, but now I'm not sure.

Why do we think they dropped out?

Feel free to IM me if need be.

Sean
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Did I miss something about our southern fall out brothers?  I thought I knew what it was referring to, as I am losing over $500 on that situation, but now I'm not sure.

Why do we think they dropped out?

Feel free to IM me if need be.

Sean
How are you losing $500??

It goes back to the threads that were essentially for sale/advertising/group buys here in the HTF.

Rules are very clear that this is not ok without paying for it. Site staff cracked down on it and Tite Shot hasnt posted here (in NM HTF's at least) since.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Friiguy- I didn't think you were picking on me at all.  Just wanted to put that our for public dissemination.

Being a Mod is fun, but you don't fully "appreciate" the title until an angry member with an ego the size of TX somehow finds your cell # and rants for 20min about staff at 10pm.  

Thats awesome!

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I check the forum once a day or at least 5 or 6 times a week. I have not posted, but find it interesting to see what's up. I looked up the Gman and Bassdear at the show last weekend because of their postings here. I'll pipe up if I have anything significant to say!
Steve
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I check the forum once a day or at least 5 or 6 times a week. I have not posted, but find it interesting to see what's up. I looked up the Gman and Bassdear at the show last weekend because of their postings here. I'll pipe up if I have anything significant to say!

Steve

SWP, this is not directed just at you so take no offence.

If you guys out there would contribute random bullshit, like shooting prairie dogs, or a local competition, or even just a news story that interests you, our HTF will grow.

As it stands right now the NM HTF is one of the more anemic forums yet is still fun for me to come and see what people around us are thinking and doing in, about, and around their local communities.

No need to be shy out there.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#30]
It's somewhat related to that but not the ARFCOM side.  

And titleshot hasn't posted here because he has moved and is no longer in state or at least that's what he told me.......

That makes since than.

Link Posted: 3/21/2009 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I check this area a few times a week.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#33]
2-3x per week.

I come here for the hawt womenz. Been disappointed so far.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:37:11 AM EDT
[#34]
well i check in about 3 times a week,working at a local gunshop keeps me talking and looking alot,and these days it is busy!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I check the Hometown Forum every time I check the web site. The frequency of that depends on if I am in the office or at a well, and then if I have satalite access or not when at a well. I try to check every day!
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I definately check in at least once a day, more if possible. I have found out that this is one of the best places to get the latest news, info and whatisgoingonings around NM. I have met quite a few awesome people here also. Being fairly new to NM, 2.5 yrs, I still dont know many by face, I feel more comfortable here than in person. I wouldnt mind getting to know the faces behind the avatars and "code names" I spend most of my time on the HTF.

roxspyder

I dont aim to please, I aim to kill!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Yo, this is my first time on the HTF. Love to hear about local issues. I'll be checkin in very often!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yo, this is my first time on the HTF. Love to hear about local issues. I'll be checkin in very often!

If you want you can check in at the top of the page to add your name to the list of people in your local community.

It is kinds nice to put a nice list for the ATF together so...
  I mean uhh so local guys can get together easier.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#39]
first time here, living in Abq.  just wanted to say hi to all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
first time here, living in Abq.  just wanted to say hi to all.

Welcome!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I look around but ever since the Arizona/New Mexico break up debacle, things have been a might slow around here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I look around but ever since the Arizona/New Mexico break up debacle, things have been a might slow around here.

Missed that one. I assume the HTF's used to be combined? What caused them to be split?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Missed that one. I assume the HTF's used to be combined? What caused them to be split?

Well, a few years back the Arizona/NM hometown forum was combined.  But there was a dustup with the Arizona members and the mods of our forum.  I know one part of it had to do with the over use of a banned word (the sound a flashlight makes when it hits the head of a certain people to the south).  Some Arizona members would do everything they could to skirt the issue and reference it in a round about way.  These members had a way of picking a word of the day and spamming the hell out of the board with it.

Well, the HTF mods called in the big guns and brought in some more mods/site staff and started cracking down on the threads and posters.  We lost some really good posters from the ban hammer and some left on their own.  But like they say this is Ed Sr. house and you have to abide by his rules.  The way I see it one warning is enough when you're on someone else's dime.

By the time the dust settled NM had its own forum.  I posted topics from time to time but until recently we never really had enough NM members to keep it active.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#44]
[/quote] I posted topics from time to time but until recently we never really had enough NM members to keep it active.

[/quote]
It is definitely good to see the HTF doing better. Since I have been a member it had always been on life support until lately. I would go into some of the other, more popular htf's, and would be jealous. The reason I started this thread was to get an idea of how many members troll this thread, and to try to get some of the members who don't post here to come out of their shell. One thing I can say is that I have already, in my short time here made a very good friend. The htf has become my first stop here. I love seeing the little folders yellow. I hope everybody feels as welcome here as I have.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I can only vaguely remember when the two states were together.  And I was not involved in any of the shenanigans that went on.  

Our HTF is sparse, but considering the population of NM, it's not surprising.  Less people overall equals less shooters on the 'net.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

And add the fact that NM is generally not a 'tech state' and you end up with a higher average of shooters who dont know what the internet is...

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#47]
quote]
And add the fact that NM is generally not a 'tech state' and you end up with a higher average of shooters who dont know what the internet is...
 [/quote]

Innanet?!  Didn't Al Gore invent that thing?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

He did till he realized what a global warming piece of shit it was.

Just like him.

Link Posted: 4/2/2009 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Check in maybe once a week....
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
quote]

[/quote]

Al GaHore is a Tee-Ewe-Arr-Dee...........and so are all of his douchebag minions.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top