Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2005 6:05:37 PM EDT
I was recently driving with the bride from Arizona to New Mexico and I came upon this town, which is located pretty much out in the middle of nowhere......I saw the sign and immediately started to laugh.......I then had to explain to my wife why I had to take a picture for all you guys!

And, believe it or not, they actually have a website:

www.pietown.com/
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife's Grand Parents used to live there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
That is some beautiful country up there..... My parents live in Payson, Arizona, and we were taking the ride from there to our place in Lincoln County, Nm., when we passed through Pie Town. I figured only the ARFCOM'ers would appreciate it!

The other cool place was the satellite/radio tracking station further in towards Soccorro.  I think that was the site used in the movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster. We didn't have time to stop, but it looked like a neat place to check out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I just sent my application in for Sheriff of Pie.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:33:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#8]
mcgrubbs,

We are almost neighbors then........we have a small cabin in Ruidoso and we have another bit of property out in the mountains above Tinnie. I have been to Cloudcroft several times and that is some really fantastic country up there! We bought out there about four years ago after looking through all of Montana, Wyoming and Idaho  for retriement property. I wanted some place that had four seasons, but not a ton of snow where I would have to dig myself out  of the house, so we settled on this area of New Mexico. I have about five years to go until I retire and it is "Adios" California and "Hola" New Mexico! I love the area and the history of Lincoln county and I can't wait to retire and get out there fulltime!!!!

Here is a before and after pic of my cabin:

It is a work in progress. We are working on the cast rock base, replacing all of the flat siding with half round log siding and replacing all of the windows with double insulated vinyl clad windows.  Eventually I would like to add a garage/shop and a second floor master bedroom suite.

This is a shot of the view that will from the front porch of my house (we built) on the property above Tinnie:

Every time I go out there it  gets harder and harder to leave!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Just lovely! Perhaps you could host a get-together when you're settled.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Not trolling my man....  I wish I lived in beautiful country like that las pic above.  My wife is too much of a city girl and has to be within 5 miles of Louis Vuitton unfortunately.

You gotta admit though Sheriff of Pie town would be a cool job!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not trolling my man....  I wish I lived in beautiful country like that las pic above.  My wife is too much of a city girl and has to be within 5 miles of Louis Vuitton unfortunately.

You gotta admit though Sheriff of Pie town would be a cool job!

Yeah, my bride likes civilization too. We bought the ranch property first, but it is about 25 miles from the nearest place that resembles a town, so then we bought the cabin and that is only about 3 miles from town. So now we have a summer and a winter place about an hour apart and an elevation difference of about 3000 feet.

Sheriff of Pie Town.....I would love to see the patches and the badge that would go with that job!!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Anybody catch the big "Speeding in Pie Town" story on KOB-TV last night?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was recently driving with the bride from Arizona to New Mexico and I came upon this town, which is located pretty much out in the middle of nowhere......I saw the sign and immediately started to laugh.......I then had to explain to my wife why I had to take a picture for all you guys!

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/mic214/021_17A.jpg

And, believe it or not, they actually have a website:

www.pietown.com/

Population,  45 people
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top