Directions.
What can you shoot there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2003 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Name: Jonesboro Practical Pistol Shooters Range

Address: Left on CR 361, 150 yards on the right

Phone: 870-486-2803

Directions: Map on website, 1/2 mile north of Bono just off of Hwy 63N

What You Can Shoot: Anything you're big enough to.  100yards max range available.

Other:  We are an IPSC club but have many members who enjoy plinking, .22 silhouettes, rifle shooting.  Regularly scheduled matches are the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 9AM, 3-Gun matches on the 5th Saturday of every month that does have a 5th Saturday.  Targets, target stands, .22 silhouettes, steel plates and pepper poppers, shooting benches, pasters, staplers, chairs, and a large pavilion are available.  Open to everybody on match days, 1st time shooters shoot free.  Dues are $120 per year, payable annually or semiannually.  Paid members may bring as many friends with them to shoot on non-match days as they wish.  All members must also be members of the National Rifle Association.

Nice, friendly folks, too.  No blood and guts, veins in your teeth competition here, just lots of fun.

Membership instructions on the website.

Link Posted: 1/23/2003 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Old Fort Gun Club

right across the river from Fort Smith,

they have a little web site with directions that will be more help than i am.

im not personally a member there, because i cant afford to eat right now, but one of the places i shoot a lot is right past it on the river.

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 1/25/2003 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Arkansas Game and Fish gun range in Mayflower just south of Camp Robinson on Clinton road.
great place but it may still be closed for renovations they started in the winter. the guy that runs it is VERY strict!
Link Posted: 1/27/2003 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Strict = good = no accidents.  At our organized matches, we run a "cold range", nobody loads a gun until they are in a shooting position and the range officer gives them the "load and make ready" command.  

This also gets everybody in the same mindset when we're plinking, makes me feel safer. [8D]
Link Posted: 2/4/2003 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I belive Camp Robinson had a range available to the public.  However, due to Osama sh!thead the post is closed to the public.  Depending on what I wish to shoot I go to the AGF range in Mayflower or out to my parents place.  Known distance paper shooting at Mayflower.  For shooting junk I go out on my parents land.  Wish I could get on the pop up ranges at Robinson more often than the twice a year my unit goes.  It's a lot of fun.  Hopefully I'll get a lot more trigger time on active duty firnig Uncle Sam's ammo instead of mine.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
the last time I was out to Camp Robinson the "Sportsman Range" (I believe it was called) was closed til further...I haven't been out to Mayflower lately either...
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been to the Mayflower range a few times and the only downside is the once per second firing rule.

Don's Weaponry
4116 E. Broadway
North Little Rock, AR 72117
501-945-2324 Fax 501-945-0675
Email: [email protected]
http://www.donsweaponryinc.com/

Don's has a good indoor pistol range. They also allow rimfire rifle, and lead shot shotgun. Range is 50ft, lit, heated in the Winter, fans in the Summer, and has powered target lines.

Range fee is $8.00, but you can buy 10 visits for $65 (IIRK) and cut your costs. Hearing and vision protection is provided.

Plus after you finish shooting, you can go up stairs and drool over the 50bmgs and the Title 2 weapons. (Don's is the only Class III in Arkansas that I know of.)
tony
Link Posted: 1/10/2004 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is the link for the Old Fort Gun Club I am a member there.

www.ofgc.org

As of this month I noticed they are rebuilding the web page and all the dates and last years scores.
Anyone every want to meet up and shoot there email me.

Troy
Link Posted: 1/22/2004 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#9]
The Mayflower Game and Fish range is my favorite place to shoot when I'm on leave and back in AR...

www.agfc.com/wma_lakes/agfc_shootingrange.html

Excellent range.  $2 to use range, $1 to rent spotting scope. Covered benches, Hearing protection, sandbags, etc, and 2 large targets provided to each shooter.

There is also a range on Camp Robinson available to state/military employees.  Contact range control or the police/fire station on post for info.  Its not much of a range, but its free and I belive it is open anytime as long as the pistol range next to it is not in operation.  Best to call before you go...
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Benton Gun Club

about a 30 minute drive from anywhere in Little Rock.

Private club, members only, except matches on Saturdays and Sundays

www.bentongunclub.org/

HUGE place with probably 10 different ranges for rifles, rimfires, shotguns, and pistols.  No automatic fire

I'm a member, so if anyone wants to go, let me know!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Remingto Ammunition Plant in Lonoke.  

They're located east of Little Rock just off IH40.  Take the Lonoke exit (Remington Road) south.  The Ammo plant can be seen from the highway.  Go past the plant to about 1/2 mile.  Range is located on the right.   They offer Trap and Skeet shooting.  Ammo and guns to borrow are available.  Makes a great break when driving I-40 long distances.    Hours are like 1000-1600 Th/Fr/Sa/Su.  Summer their also open on Wednesdays.  Check at the plant and they DO NOT have tours.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Central Arkansas Shooters Association (CASA)
Business Phone: 501-681-4321
Range Phone: 501-333-2699
casarange.com/index.htm

From Little Rock:
CASA is located 25 miles outside of Little Rock on Hwy. 10 (Cantrell Rd.) from I-430.

Take Hwy. 10 west past Lake Maumelle, (from Bigelow - Perryville sign travel 4.1 miles towards Perryville) to Higginbotham Rd. Turn left past the POWER LINES onto Higginbotham Rd. Go 1.1 miles to CASA's driveway, turn right, go up the drive 1/4 mile and the Club House is on your right.

From Morrilton (I-40):
Take I-40 to exit 108 in Morrilton. Go south towards Perryville on Hwy 9 for 23.7 miles.

At that point turn left/east on Hwy 10. Go another 2 miles to Higginbotham Rd. Turn right and go 8/10 of a mile and CASA's driveway is on your left, go up the drive 1/4 mile and the Club House is on your right.

From Benton (I-30):
Take Exit 117 (Hwy. 5) from I-30. Take Hwy. 5 12 miles to Hwy. 9. Take Hwy. 9 19.5 miles to Hwy. 10, turn right/east on Hwy. 10 and go 2 miles to Higginbotham Rd.

Turn right and go 8/10 of a mile and CASA's driveway is on your left, go up the drive 1/4 mile and the Club House is on your right.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I am looking for a good range closer than Hobbs to Siloam Springs.  I need at least 100yds.  Public range or private land...I don't care.
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've been to the Mayflower range a few times and the only downside is the once per second firing rule.

Don's Weaponry
4116 E. Broadway

Don's has a good indoor pistol range. They also allow rimfire rifle, and lead shot shotgun. Range is 50ft, lit, heated in the Winter, fans in the Summer, and has powered target lines.

Range fee is $8.00, but you can buy 10 visits for $65 (IIRK) and cut your costs. Hearing and vision protection is provided.

Plus after you finish shooting, you can go up stairs and drool over the 50bmgs and the Title 2 weapons. (Don's is the only Class III in Arkansas that I know of.)
tony

Trents in Jonesboro.  They are a stocking dealer of suppressors to.  Much quicker to get one since they already have several in stock.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don's Weaponry
4116 E. Broadway

tony

Trents in Jonesboro.  They are a stocking dealer of suppressors to.  Much quicker to get one since they already have several in stock.

John Norrell Arms in Little Rock, Scott Bell in Jacksonville, Auroa Tactical (or something like that) in the Fayetville/Springdale/Rogers area are all Title 2 weapons dealers.  There are others I am sure.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Ozark Sportsman Supply has a 25yrd indoor pistol range and a 35yrd indoor rifle range(up to 300 Win Mag)http://www.ozarksportsman.com/shooting.html.

They are in Tontitown right off of 412.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#18]
anyone been to:

Sylamore Shooting Range, P.O. Box 1279, Mountain View, AR 72560.

It says it is 12 miles north of Mountain View on HGWY 5.  Says it has 200 yd rifle range.

Added:

http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/publications/rogs/sylamore_shooting_range_nu.pdf

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don's Weaponry
4116 E. Broadway

tony

John Norrell Arms in Little Rock, Scott Bell in Jacksonville, Auroa Tactical (or something like that) in the Fayetville/Springdale/Rogers area are all Title 2 weapons dealers.  There are others I am sure.

Sturms Indoor Range in Springdale has title 2 things as well. Also an indoor range.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
anyone been to:

It says it is 12 miles north of Mountain View on HGWY 5.  Says it has 200 yd rifle range.

Added:

http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/publications/rogs/sylamore_shooting_range_nu.pdf

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/SCR1/range.jpg

never been, but every weekend I think about it.

I've driven past it quite a few times.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
anyone been to:

Added:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/SCR1/range.jpg

This place is fifteen miles outside of Mountain View in the middle of nowhere.  I use to drive up there on the weekends from Heber Springs just for the drive.  It was 60 miles round trip and I enjoyed every minute.  The place is huge and I very rarely and I do mean very very rarely ever saw anyone else there.  Most of the time me and my girl had the place to ourselves.  No matter what time of the day or what day we went. The rifle range and pistol range are seperate.  If you want someplace to go and not be disutrbed or someplace you can go and play lets see how fast we can drop mags and not disturb anyone else, this is the place.  The rifle range is really a 100yd range but on the left side of it there is a sizable depression in the hill that extends it out to almost 200.  There is a rock at the top of that hill I use to bang on from time to time.  The down side is that despite that it is a very nice covered range it is not that well funded even though it is very clean.  There is a lack of target stands.  They do have a few there make sure and take cardboard with you and some tape. If you want to take a road trip just to go for a nice drive this is a good destination.  Take a lunch and some drinks and let the wives/girls know there is a bathroom there on the entrance road inbetween the ranges.  

Edit:  David stop sometime and check it out.  I know it does not look like much from the highway and the dinky signs it has but it is really a nice place to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#22]
BlackIron Indoor Range
(870) 268-9693
622 N. Holman (49b)
Brookland, AR 72417

$11/day
Memberships available
Concealed Carry Courses
Reloading Courses

Ammo and Targets available for Purchase

Some rental firearms

Ear Muffs required (available to borrow)

25 Yd Indoor Firearm (6 Lanes)
25 Yd Indoor Archery

Shoot:
-Just about anything under .50BMG (Slugguns, Deer Rifles, Surplus, Handguns, etc OK)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top