Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2022 5:33:40 PM EDT
Just recently moved here and my cell phone is getting worn out. Want to get a new one before it dies on me. I have U.S. Cellular now and there seems to be no nearby (in state) stores which explains the extended notification I get. It seems that the three top providers in the state are Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. Verizon is a no-go for me due to their shitty billing practices, customer service and their unethical business practices. So that pretty much leaves T-Mobile and AT&T. I have internet through AT&T but it isn't fiber so not sure about any bundles they may have beyond the fiber they advertise on their site.

I am in Fayetteville but want good service, voice and data, in as much of the northern, western and west central part of the state as possible. Suggestions and reason for the suggestion will be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I am just west of Fayetteville. We have ATT and no problems.
GTG from the river valley to Bella Vista.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I had AT&T 10yrs when i moved here to BV, but due to the weak signal and constant dropped calls, I switched... maybe it's the hills and trees?
Up here, their towers pretty much follow 71 & 49 - so the further away from the main roads, the possibility of issues increases.
The urbanized areas to the south seem to have great coverage.
I switched to T-mobile... No problems so far.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Did I meet you at a combat shoot at Colfax gun club about 7 years ago?

We moved to AR from IA 5 years ago. Got a place a ways outside of Huntsville.

We use Verizon for everything. Works OK... nothing is 100% in the mountains. Neighbor has at&t and their reception is similar, possibly slightly better in spots.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did I meet you at a combat shoot at Colfax gun club about 7 years ago?

We moved to AR from IA 5 years ago. Got a place a ways outside of Huntsville.

We use Verizon for everything. Works OK... nothing is 100% in the mountains. Neighbor has at&t and their reception is similar, possibly slightly better in spots.
View Quote

Sorry that wouldn't have been me. I decided to give T-Mobile a shot. I won't do business with Verizon. Too many past problems with their business ethics. So far no issues.

What area of Iowa were you from? Just got down here a month ago. We should meet up sometime soon. I'm looking to find a place more country than Fayetteville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top