Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 10:06:36 AM EDT
Guys, I need a machine shop that can mill the end of my free float handguard down about 0.3".  I have had this guard for several years and just recently added a Saker 762 and tt will not mount up and needs to be trimmed.  Thanks for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Belt sander should do the trick

I don't have any experience with Little Rock machine shops, but Conway Precision Products did thread a 15-22 barrel for me. It was week turn around time, and I think $60 or so. If you don't find anyone closer might give them a call.

The owner is a gun guy from the collection I could see in his office.

375 Commerce Rd,
Conway, AR 72032

(501) 327-1313
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Belt sander should do the trick

I don't have any experience with Little Rock machine shops, but Conway Precision Products did thread a 15-22 barrel for me. It was week turn around time, and I think $60 or so. If you don't find anyone closer might give them a call.

The owner is a gun guy from the collection I could see in his office.

375 Commerce Rd,
Conway, AR 72032

(501) 327-1313
View Quote

Thanks,
     I tried to use a die grinder to open the inside up a bit and quickly realized I didn't have enough ass in my compressor to do it properly.  I thought about just using a bandsaw but I really don't want to fuck up a $200 rail.  It's a troy battle alpha with the integrated front popup sight so it makes it a bit more difficult.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Berg and Son Machine shop can handle this pretty easily. 372-0228
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks, I just spoke to them on the phone...I'm assuming by their location I should probably be carrying a firearm when I visit...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you like the Saker? I've been watching them for the last year but haven't seen any in person.  Does it stay located up tight when mounted? I've heard of and seen the ACC SDN6 wiggle loose after firing for prolonged periods.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How do you like the Saker? I've been watching them for the last year but haven't seen any in person.  Does it stay located up tight when mounted? I've heard of and seen the ACC SDN6 wiggle loose after firing for prolonged periods.
View Quote

I picked it up monday and have only shot it at my dealers so i really haven't take it through it paces.  But I will say it is just as tight on that trifecta mount as it would be on a direct thread.  I don't think I will have any issues at all with it becoming loose.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

CCJ, I went over my lunch break and told them what I needed and took all parts.  They threw it on a lathe and 20 minutes later I was out of there and everything fits perfect.  Very nice people, Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

CCJ, I went over my lunch break and told them what I needed and took all parts.  They threw it on a lathe and 20 minutes later I was out of there and everything fits perfect.  Very nice people, Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/bcCFQIpl.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome.  Gotta love it when things work out easily.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sexy!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sexy!

Thanks!

This will give you a pretty good idea of what had to be done.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top