Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2013 3:14:03 PM EDT
First (well, not first I am sure - but in recent memory) there was Sheriff Penington's well documented issues with booze and his run in with Benton PD.  Now we have the Chief of Bryant PD submitting a bill for reimbursement of a "business" meal at Rachel's Steakhouse in Orlando.  For the uninformed, while Rachel's does have good food most people don't go there for the grub as  the scenery is far more enticing than the cuisine.  Feel free to take a tour of the site (http://www.rachels.com/index-one.html) and see if you concur with the Chief's statement that "You see far more at Hooter's"  - or maybe it was "It's no different than Hooter's".  To be hones, I was so that I probably didn't retain the exact quote.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Welp wonder how long he will keep his job? Sucks he seemed to be a big supporter of the 2nd!
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
My opinion and I am quite liberal in my views of things like this,  If the cost of the lunch was reasonable for a normal business lunch $15-20, then I am ok with it.  

If the request included a few drinks and a stack of one dollar bills, then  I am calling foul, that was your expense,  I would also question his sense of propriety.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone done any water samples lately from the county water supply?
Well,
At least they found the patrol car they lost...yey...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My opinion and I am quite liberal in my views of things like this,  If the cost of the lunch was reasonable for a normal business lunch $15-20, then I am ok with it.  

If the request included a few drinks and a stack of one dollar bills, then  I am calling foul, that was your expense,  I would also question his sense of propriety.
View Quote

If the report I heard on the radio was accurate - the tab for steak for two was a touch over a hundred bucks...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If the report I heard on the radio was accurate - the tab for steak for two was a touch over a hundred bucks...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Receipt shown in the news story was $58.06 including $8.00 tip.  I would say that is excessive for a public servant on taxpayer funded per diem considering that federal daily per diem for three meals is only $56.  While I don't necessarily take issue with the venue itself, it certainly shows a lack of judgment on his part to think that it wouldn't raise eyebrows given his position and appearances - especially following recent events with Pennington.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Receipt shown in the news story was $58.06 including $8.00 tip.  I would say that is excessive for a public servant on taxpayer funded per diem considering that federal daily per diem for three meals is only $56.  While I don't necessarily take issue with the venue itself, it certainly shows a lack of judgment on his part to think that it wouldn't raise eyebrows given his position and appearances - especially following recent events with Pennington.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not any kind of GOV employee, but I do travel a lot and we follow the GOV guidelines for lodging and meal costs.  Most of Arkansas is $45 a day for meals, so that is a little excessive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top