Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2013 11:38:47 AM EDT
This is an intense force on force event.
OpFor will be playing the role of a motivated and aggressive anti-coalition insurgency force against USSOF.

Monday, 21 Oct, 8 slots: 7:30PM-2:00AM(estimate)
Tuesday, 22 Oct, 8 slots: 7:30PM - 3:00AM(estimate)
Wednesday, 23 Oct, 8 slots: 7:30PM - 3:00AM(estimate)
Thursday, 24 Oct, 8 slots: 7:30PM - 2:00AM(estimate)
Friday, 25 Oct, 8 slots: 7:30PM - Saturday, 26 Oct, @ 8:30AM(estimate)

*NOTE: All OP4 begins at 7:30 PM.
**The Friday night slots are the all nighter in the village: you will start on Friday night and will not be done until approx 0830am Sat morning.

If you take a slot & receive an email confirmation then you are expected to show up on time and participate until complete. Taking a slot keeps someone else who is interested from participating.

To sign up:
You must be a US citizen
Legal adult - 18 years old or older
No felonies
Able to pass a drug screening
Sign the NDA and Liability Release/Waiver
Able & willing to follow directions

Bring:
Athletic cup
Gloves
Clothing - long sleeves, pants, lightwgt boots...
Water
Snacks
Small towel
Photo ID
Foam ear pro (optional but sometimes nice to have)

Do not bring any loaded weapons, fixed blade knives, loaded magazines, large folders or munitions into the training area. If you CCW, that's fine - just lock it in your vehicle for the duration of the event.

*Weapons and munitions will be provided to you along with approved face and neck protection.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1421268928086101/

To volunteer for a slot(s), email:
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy bday to me!
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I really need more vacation days.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know that I'm exactly ready to be "killed" by professionals, yet...
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#4]
The previous one ends the day I get home.  This one begins the day after I leave.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 4:39:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.  Especially if there is breaching involved......
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:46:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Yeah that leaves you out!
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes...shooting the guy in the orange vest trying to run safety during an explosive breach is still frowned upon.
It's those damn day walkers
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Sent an email to volunteer for this event.  Can't do the earlier one, I'm on-call that week.
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Been awhile since I've used sims. Gonna try for the OCT 24th-25th slots. What is the uniform of the day/night. All I can dig up online is OP4 wearing denims?
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Been awhile since I've used sims. Gonna try for the OCT 24th-25th slots. What is the uniform of the day/night. All I can dig up online is OP4 wearing denims?
View Quote

Uniform of the day/night?
Just wear civilian clothing like long sleeves, pants and appropriate foot wear to get dirty and abused.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just wear civilian clothing like long sleeves, pants and appropriate foot wear to get dirty and abused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang.. I was planning on wearing my speedo and my 7+7=11 cause I'm a marine shirt..

Link Posted: 9/29/2013 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dang.. I was planning on wearing my speedo and my 7+7=11 cause I'm a marine shirt..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just make sure the speedo can keep your cup in and you are good to go!
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]

(Uniform of the day/night?)

Its a military joke dude. Just wonder if they wanted me decked out in fatigues or
my wannabe Magpul 5.11's
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Email sent for tues oct 22.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Alright,

Looks like I'm gonna have a gear problem.  If anyone has any loner gear they would be willing to let an old Marine use, I would be appreciative.

Had to cancel my bank card yesterday, so I'll have limited ability to purchase needed things this week.

All I'm looking for is an old flak jacket and a chest rig of some sort.  Anything better than a flak jacket is icing on the cake I guess.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Alright,

Looks like I'm gonna have a gear problem.  If anyone has any loner gear they would be willing to let an old Marine use, I would be appreciative.

Had to cancel my bank card yesterday, so I'll have limited ability to purchase needed things this week.

All I'm looking for is an old flak jacket and a chest rig of some sort.  Anything better than a flak jacket is icing on the cake I guess.  

Thanks
View Quote
FLAK jacket? Hey Devildog, these are sim rounds, not FMJ. A thick denim shirt will do just fine man.

Link Posted: 10/13/2013 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FLAK jacket? Hey Devildog, these are sim rounds, not FMJ. A thick denim shirt will do just fine man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright,

Thanks

HAHAHA
Canadian tuxedo's rock!
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Or thick chest hair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright,

Thanks

Or thick chest hair.

Or in your case, a piece of black carpet, stapled onto bare skin.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, I was thinking someone might have an old one laying around and was just going off the youtube vids looking at what everyone else was using.  Either way, point taken.  Denim it is.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Cowboy and I wear Duluth jackets for sims. But a fleece lined denim or a carhartt jacket would be just as good.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#22]
A BDU top worked fine for me Saturday, since my chest rig took most of the impacts. Just mind the gap between your face shield and your helmet, during one of the micro-battles a guy finished me off with a "coup de grace" and managed to get a shot into my forehead. Those make a nice beauty mark.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I just wore a flannel shirt over a t-shirt.  I wonder if I would have felt the hits with anything thicker.

UTMs, though, might be an entirely different story.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I will be there Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs.  Can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I will be there Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs.  Can't wait.
View Quote

If you get to Cowboy before Travis does get a couple cookies. Baked goods have been requested but they won't last long.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just wore a flannel shirt over a t-shirt.  I wonder if I would have felt the hits with anything thicker.

View Quote

If have found that it's not only the material, but the # of shots in the same place as well, with the thin stuff.  The energy of the first shot can be distributed via whatever material is in between the round and the surface of the skin, until the material is pressed right up to the skin.  However, once the first shot has the material against the skin surface, the energy of the follow up shot/shots is transferred through thin material and right to the skin.  That can be a hazard with das  gigglees switches......
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 4:59:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If have found that it's not only the material, but the # of shots in the same place as well, with the thin stuff.  The energy of the first shot can be distributed via whatever material is in between the round and the surface of the skin, until the material is pressed right up to the skin.  However, once the first shot has the material against the skin surface, the energy of the follow up shot/shots is transferred through thin material and right to the skin.  That can be a hazard with das  gigglees switches......
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course head butting their muzzle might be a problem to....

On a side note I'll be out there Friday night with a baofeng uvr5 to do comms if anyone else wants to plan on bringing a radio. Especially if we can get a decent NVG/Thermal scope to watch for those who would invade our peaceful village...

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

On a side note I'll be out there Friday night with a baofeng uvr5 to do comms if anyone else wants to plan on bringing a radio. Especially if we can get a decent NVG/Thermal scope to watch for those who would invade our peaceful village...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will have my Wouxon KG-UV6D, but am not scheduled for Friday.  I might be able to "work my way up the ranks" though as I have taken that day off.

I ordered one of those heavy duty throat mics, but if it doesn't show up in time I'll just incorp some headphones onto my remote mic. Transmitting would sound like crap through those masks, but It'll get the job done.

-t
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what should a guy purchase, specifically for this, so that he may communicate with you guys?

Use small words.  I do stupid things - ask Tweeder.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Throat mic check.  It showed up today.  Made contact on the local repeater.  Feedback was "bodacious sounding."  That's never a bad thing.

If we're going to have non-HAM's participating in comms, I imagine we'll have to use the MURS or GMRS freqs.  I suspect our antennas aren't very efficient on those freqs, but given our proximity to each other, it should work quite well.

There is a decent readup on those here:
http://www.captainswoop.com/radio/uhf.html

I'd say the cheapest route would be to scoop up a Baofeng UV-5R variant HT radio.  Hamcity.com has them domestically and you might be able to get one in time.  Make sure you get a remote hand mic at minimum, as you can string some regular headphones (like iphone ones) to that and you'll at least be able to listen.

HT radio:
https://www.hamcity.com/store/pc/UV-5R-UU-BK-p2803.htm
Throat Mic (takes a week for shipping from this source):
Click

Total about $100 + shipping.

Griz or anyone else, please correct me if I'm wrong on any of that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Throat mic check.  It showed up today.  Made contact on the local repeater.  Feedback was "bodacious sounding."  That's never a bad thing.

If we're going to have non-HAM's participating in comms, I imagine we'll have to use the MURS or GMRS freqs.  I suspect our antennas aren't very efficient on those freqs, but given our proximity to each other, it should work quite well.

There is a decent readup on those here:

http://www.captainswoop.com/radio/uhf.html

I'd say the cheapest route would be to scoop up a Baofeng UV-5R variant HT radio.  Hamcity.com has them domestically and you might be able to get one in time.  Make sure you get a remote hand mic at minimum, as you can string some regular headphones (like iphone ones) to that and you'll at least be able to listen.

HT radio:

https://www.hamcity.com/store/pc/UV-5R-UU-BK-p2803.htm

Throat Mic (takes a week for shipping from this source):

Click

Total about $100 + shipping.

Griz or anyone else, please correct me if I'm wrong on any of that.
View Quote
Amazon has the baofeng UV5R (non plus edition) for $33 and a generic throat mic for $25ish.

And as for HAMS if we were to ask everyone if they had their ham lic yes we would be restricted. If we were to assume everyone had a ham and would tell us "sorry guys I can't use that freq" if not we could stay on ham freqs...

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I'm confirmed for Thursday night. WOOHOO!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Me and a friend were confirmed for Friday night. Any tips would be nice.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm out for this one as it was already full. See you guys on the next one...
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Amazon has the baofeng UV5R (non plus edition) for $33 and a generic throat mic for $25ish.

And as for HAMS if we were to ask everyone if they had their ham lic yes we would be restricted. If we were to assume everyone had a ham and would tell us "sorry guys I can't use that freq" if not we could stay on ham freqs...

View Quote

So you're saying go ahead and use the HAM bands?  If so, we have to ID, every 10.

Why would we (who are licensed) put ourselves at risk like that when every single one of our HT's will transmit on unlicensed freqs?
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Me and a friend were confirmed for Friday night. Any tips would be nice.
View Quote
Be brave, bring lots of water and caffeine. If you have a gasmask and helmet they are very nice.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Wondering who is going to be there the 21st and 24th. Myself and 3 other friends with be there on the 21st. Then me and 2 buds will be there the 24th. So we make half the team on those two nights!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll be  there. Almost didn't find the place the first time, had to ask Dan for directions.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'll be  there. Almost didn't find the place the first time, had to ask Dan for directions.
View Quote

Did they help? I can't give directions for shit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its like they almost dont want to be found...
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Why would we (who are licensed) put ourselves at risk like that when every single one of our HT's will transmit on unlicensed freqs?
View Quote

FCC doesn't monitor freqs for unlicensed ops. They'll never even glance your way unless they get a LOT of complaints. Worst case, some vigilante HAM with a direction finding rig comes looking to try to tear ya a new asshole. And we KNOW how that would work out. Just keep it to a simplex freq and keep the power dialed back -- stuff you'd do, anyway -- and go on with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

FCC doesn't monitor freqs for unlicensed ops. They'll never even glance your way unless they get a LOT of complaints. Worst case, some vigilante HAM with a direction finding rig comes looking to try to tear ya a new asshole. And we KNOW how that would work out. Just keep it to a simplex freq and keep the power dialed back -- stuff you'd do, anyway -- and go on with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have access to such gear.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Hmmm, still don't have a code for the gate.  Any help on that?  I'm about to head over
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But not the first fawking clue about how to use it.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hmmm, still don't have a code for the gate.  Any help on that?  I'm about to head over
View Quote

Sorry........last time I gave out the code, it was 10 Gladiators for me, which wasn't pretty.....

How did it go?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:03:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can use the direction finding stuff.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Phrase of the evening, "Lay some hate."

Well, I have a head ache and I am quite sore after the first night, which is the easy night.

For me, hand protection was key.  For others, forearms.  Those opfor weapons are hell on earth as far cleanliness and reliability, but the heroes had the same issues probably just not as much.

No comms on the first night, but there isn't a need for it really.  Too much noise and close quarters chaos.

I need thicker pants.  My quads will thank me.  The carharrt flannel lined utility shirt I used was perfect for this.  The impact gloves I bought off the exchange were great for manipulation, but horrible for protection.  The protective vests they had on hand were good, although I wish I wasn't so fat.  I had a hard time keeping it over my belly, so I took a couple of zingers there.

All in all, it was a real eye opener and a ton of fun.  You learn how "stay small" reall quick, that's for dang sure.  Some of those hero guys were really good shooters, others not so much.  It was really interesting to see how aggressive some were and others weren't.  There were two other Marines on opfor but everyone was as aggressive as we could be within the parameters they gave us.  I think everyone on opfor was current or prior service military, so it was nice.

I think I'm the only one returning form last night for tonight though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Phrase of the evening, "Lay some hate."

Well, I have a head ache and I am quite sore after the first night, which is the easy night.

For me, hand protection was key.  For others, forearms.  Those opfor weapons are hell on earth as far cleanliness and reliability, but the heroes had the same issues probably just not as much.

No comms on the first night, but there isn't a need for it really.  Too much noise and close quarters chaos.

I need thicker pants.  My quads will thank me.  The carharrt flannel lined utility shirt I used was perfect for this.  The impact gloves I bought off the exchange were great for manipulation, but horrible for protection.  The protective vests they had on hand were good, although I wish I wasn't so fat.  I had a hard time keeping it over my belly, so I took a couple of zingers there.

All in all, it was a real eye opener and a ton of fun.  You learn how "stay small" reall quick, that's for dang sure.  Some of those hero guys were really good shooters, others not so much.  It was really interesting to see how aggressive some were and others weren't.  There were two other Marines on opfor but everyone was as aggressive as we could be within the parameters they gave us.  I think everyone on opfor was current or prior service military, so it was nice.

I think I'm the only one returning form last night for tonight though.
View Quote
I'll be there tonight. Don't wear pads... women wear pads :)

For guns if you use break cleaner + brush on the barrel and heavy rem oil on the bolt, firing pin, charging handle and upper I usually have one or two malfunctions a night. Keep her clean and she'll serve you well.

And yep... sim rounds on fat are a special feeling, outpaced only by finger tips.

You are going to love thursday night. You'll find out about good shooters on their side.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top