Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 1:08:23 PM EDT
anyone know if I have to have a plug choke in the shotgun to hunt on AGFC land?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Doves may be taken only with shotguns.
Shotguns must be incapable of holding more than three shells in the magazine and chamber combined.
Lead shot may be no larger than shot size BB. Non-toxic shot may be no larger than shot size T.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shotguns must be incapable of holding more than three shells in the magazine and chamber combined.
Lead shot may be no larger than shot size BB. Non-toxic shot may be no larger than shot size T.

Doves =/= quail
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doves =/= quail

LOL...Good catch.  I missed that.   I don't see any restrictions on Quail vs Dove.  I think Dove are considered migratory which is where the 3 shot limit comes from.  Quail are local.  But again we're talking AGFC land so it's anyone's guess here in Arkansas!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doves =/= quail

My bad it was a quick google search and cut and paste job.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got back from hunting holland bottom there in Jacksonville, good place.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
anyone know if I have to have a plug choke in the shotgun to hunt on AGFC land?

You edited your post.  Is this a joke?  A "choke"?  No requirements for a choke although the way some laws are written I wouldn't be surprised.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top