Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2010 9:35:56 AM EDT
Are any of you guy's going to the appleseed shoot in Washburn, MO this weekend?  I will be there on Saturday with my wife.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there with my girlfriend and a friend from work.  It'll be a first for all three of us.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here.  My wife is pretty nervous about being around so many people with guns so hopefully I can make it a fun learning experience.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Going to the one in November.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Kent(the host/property owner) runs a top notch shoot.  Safety is #1 always.

I don't know who will be shootboss this time, but Greybeard was great last time.

I IM'd Kent and I am sure he will be around to answer any questions or concerns ya'll may have.  Please feel free to post them here.

C
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 3:54:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Finally got on the computer this morning...... Been a bit busy..........  

Yes indeed we are having a "Seed" at my place this weekend! Thanks for starting the thread!

Safety is number 1!  We will have a SAFE weekend. Bring out the ladies. Mine will be here and maybe shoot too if I can convince her to do so.
My son will also be on the line as a shooter.

As of last night we had 15 preregistered. We have room for a good 20+ more.

Bring lots of cold water and or Gatorade as it is going to be a bit warm. Bring an E-z up if you have one too.

Kent
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 3:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Going to the one in November.

Nice!

Maybe we can even have some snow!
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice!

Maybe we can even have some snow!

I shudder at the thought of snow...
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wanted to say thank you to the instructors and to Kent for the beautiful venue.  I had a great time and learned a lot.  I won't make it back tomorrow but I hope to see you guys again in November.  And after today I would love to be laying in snow.  :)

-Jay
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with BigJay.  My wife and I had a lot of fun.  We won't be able to make it Sunday either, but we learned alot and I am looking forward to making it to another one for the full weekend.  I was nowhere near rifleman, but I know what I need to work on and plan on coming back with more practice under my belt.  Thanks Kent for letting us use your place.  

DurandelZero, I was hoping to chat a little more but I was trying to get as much shooting in as I could since I can't go Sunday.  Next time the HTF does a NWA get together maybe I will see you there.  Speaking of that, I am game whenever someone wants to set one up if any of the NWA guys read this.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Josh and Jay you are very welcome!

Thank you for coming on up with a teachable attitude!

Josh you and Megan really made great improvements in your shooting!  I was glad to be able to spend some time with you both.

Jay, I did not get to your side of the line much on Saturday. I hope to see you back up here in Nov.

I'll let you all know if I have a shooting get together up here soon. Hopefully when it is COOLER.

Kent
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Kent, once again, thank you for your time and your land.  Shayna and I had a wonderful time, and we learned a lot.  We are both looking forward to November, and hopefully we'll earn that patch next time.

I have read good and bad reviews about different people's Appleseed experiences.  Any worry I had was unfounded.  It was a great experience, with great instructors.  The first day after lunch, when Greybeard was talking about the militia members killed at Lexington, it wasn't just dusty out for him .

I certainly have a new and better appreciation for the birth of our country, and the sacrifices that were made.  I also know my shooting abilities have a ways to go.  The highest I shot on the AQTs was 187.

Josh, as far as NWA HTF meets, I haven't seen any happen since I joined.  I think I'll have to start making an effort to get that to happen.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:02:48 AM EDT
[#12]

I am thankful you enjoyed your weekend! If you did not we failed in more ways than one.

No worries on the AQT scores. It's a challenge for sure.

November will be here quicker than we know.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top