Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2010 3:35:21 PM EDT
Since I live in Conway I've been keeping tabs on the new range that was being constructed in Conway.  I checked their website today and they are now open for business.  Check out their site at Shoothouse USA.

They aren't completely done with construction yet but they do have 5 lanes open now.  I stopped by there after work today and signed up for membership since it will work out better for me.   You don't have to be a member though, you can pay by the visit.  Did I mention that it has A/C!
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The owner has a nice jeep.

What kinda rates do they have?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I live about 2 miles down the road, so I am interested.

Range fee is 15, or 10 if you are LEO or Military/Retired Military.

Membership seems like a deal at 150 or 100 respectively.

Beat the heat and cold I am thinking.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, those are the rates.  The $150 membership is an introductory offer though.  Don't know how long that will run but after that it goes up to $275 I think.  That isn't listed on their website but that was the info I read at the range.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm pretty close too, ill have to stop in and see it.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully they stick around; I've seen too many gun shops in Conway fail.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hopefully they stick around; I've seen too many gun shops in Conway fail.

The few around suck.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#7]
This isn't a gun shop.  They do sell ammo but not guns.  Another guy that was checking them out at the same time I was there asked them about guns.  They sure made it sound like they have no plans to actually sell any firearms.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a shame.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Range with no gun sales?  I don't see that working out.

Damn, I miss King's Outdoor.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 4:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's about the same distance I am from them. I am going to check them out today.

Link Posted: 7/8/2010 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent.

Quoted:

The owner has a nice jeep.
That must be the black one that I've been seeing. Good looking rig.

Link Posted: 7/8/2010 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Took my CCW class there in May, Tom is cool and gave a great class.  I plan on joining.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#13]
That web site is sorely lacking in information.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#14]
What throws me off is the pitiful resume as creds for classes. But not everyone can be speshul

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Anybody tried them out yet?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I tried them out about a month of ago or so.

Me and a buddy from out of town went a fired a few rounds.

My take:

Nice folks, Nice facility.  Prices are par to other indoor ranges I have visited.  They do sale ammo, but as expected it is at gun shop prices.  i.e.  a bit on the high side.

The only problem I had was that the range itself doesnt have any insulation on the walls or ceilings, just 1/4in steel plate.  I can tell you, but you can probably just imagine the damn noise is there.  I had ear plugs, and my muffs on and still got a headache.

We had to leave sooner that we wanted because of both of getting headaches!   The reverberation was crazy bad.

So, if they would just hang some carpet on the wall or something similar, it would make everyones experience more pleasant.

The owner also told me that he would do a group discount for ARFCOM members if we went and shot as a group.  There is two seperate sides of the range, one for general shooting and one for classes.  He stated that he would give us one whole side of the range for our group if we came.  And from what I understood, it seemed to be about a 25% discount overall if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So, if they would just hang some carpet on the wall or something similar, it would make everyones experience more pleasant.

Did you mention this to the owner? If so, what response did you get?

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you mention this to the owner? If so, what response did you get?

Yes, I brought it up as we were leaving.  Didnt get much of a reply other than they were still in the building stage.  Which they were, because range two hadnt been completed yet.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#19]
F&S was a good little shop (about 10 years ago) and didnt fail, they retired
I come very close to buying the place but couldnt take the risk
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Joined tonight. The last day for discount. Placed looked much different than when I stopped by in July.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top