Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:47:48 PM EDT
South carolina through  Arkansas and i just wanted to know if it is legal to carry my handgun in the car
with me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

South carolina through  Arkansas and i just wanted to know if it is legal to carry my handgun in the car

with me.

you got a CHL and do we honor it?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
are you a convicted felon?

you have any restraining orders against you?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are legally allowed to own a firearm then I think you are indeed allowed to have it in your car.  Doesnt arkansas have the traveling law???  If you are traveling outside your "normal" circle of friends and neighbors you are allowed to carry a gun???

I dont know this I am asking.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you are legally allowed to own a firearm then I think you are indeed allowed to have it in your car.  Doesnt arkansas have the traveling law???  If you are traveling outside your "normal" circle of friends and neighbors you are allowed to carry a gun???

I dont know this I am asking.

only one kicker to the "journey clause":  the law states that it is "a defense to prosecution."  in other words, you don't get off scot-free, you can be arrested and brought to trial for "carrying a weapon" even while "on a journey."  best policy is to either have a CHL honored by AR or to leave the gun cased and unloaded in the back –– where it does absolutely no fucking good at all.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't ask, don't tell, keep it within reach but out of sight and don't mess up and get stopped and you won't have a problem.  (This is really poor advice, if you don't feel comfortable, lock it unloaded in the trunk.)

Otherwise, bring your S.C. CWP with you.  Arkansas has reciprocity with South Carolina.  Drive through North Carolina and Tennessee and familiarize yourself with the concealed carry laws of each state you are traveling through.  (if you need links, IM me.)  FYI, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia do NOT have reciprocity agreements with South Carolina.  

Click here...

South Carolina Reciprocity

Have a safe trip.

Duck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top