Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 7:52:57 AM EDT
I recall at a gun show in Springdale a while back there was a guy that had a training center I believe in NWA.  I cannot recall the guy's name or the facility.  I'd like to further my firearm defense skills (prmarily handgun).  Anyone know to whom I am referring?  Any other facilities in this area of AR to get training?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Ozark Sporstman in Springdale has defense classes.

Omni
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Ozark Sportsman Supply is in Tontitown and I was unaware that Mike and Phil have defense classes there.  I know they hold IDPA every third Monday of every month.  I'll give Mike a call and see what he can tell me.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Every now and then, there is a class at Mountain Valley in Hot Springs and a CASA in Little Rock. They are the only classes I know of in Arkansas. Here is a link to their site:  MVSA and CASA
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I know Trojan Securities does'nt, or at least did'nt offer classes to civilians.  I can't remember if Olive does or not.
Just checked Olive's site, and they do some corporate stuff, so they might let civilians take some of those courses, could'nt hurt to call or E-mail to see.  Not quite in the loacation you were asking about I know.

www.olivestc.com
Mailing Address:
Olive Security Training Center
2701 US Hwy 51 N
Nesbit, MS  38651
Telephone:  662-449-4344
Fax Number:  662-449-4646

Director of Training  
Alan Brosnan
[email protected]

Training Coordinator
Pam Vaughan
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ozark Sportsman Supply is in Tontitown and I was unaware that Mike and Phil have defense classes there.  I know they hold IDPA every third Monday of every month.  I'll give Mike a call and see what he can tell me.  Thanks.

Oops, I meant Tontitown.

When I took my CHL class from him a few years ago he had a small demo afterward and told us that they had classes. All we had to do was sign up and when he had enough people he would schedule the class. He did say that the number of people wanting that type of class was small so it could be a long wait.

Omni
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't be any longer than trying to get into a Basic NRA Instructor course, I've been trying to get into one for the better part of a year now.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
They still havent had that? I thought that everything was set up and the class was already done with.

Omni
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Heck no, I would look for a different instructor, but most of the ones on the NRA's list for Arkansas have the number "no longer in service".  The guy in Mountain View, must be waiting to sign up 50-60 people before he has a class.  I'm working with another guy now, he's an NRA instructor, but he has to check with the NRA on a couple of things to see if he can give the class.  I'll let everyone know when I get it lined up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
APT Academy

I've taken a few courses there and have always come away a better shooter, and just better prepared.  Tactical handgun I and II are good courses.  It's within driving distance from nwa.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#10]
The Gunman Of Arkansas
Firearms Training Center
3124 Highway 21 North
Berryville, Arkansas
Toll Free: 877-723-9436
TELEPHONE: 870-423-1081
FACSIMILE: 870-423-7144

website

My favorite "local" gun dealer. I took my CC course there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top