Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:47:58 PM EDT
Most I see are in pawn shops and their prices for used guns are usually so close to new that it makes no sense to shop.  I've been looking for a good, reasonably priced Marlin in either 30-30 or 35 Remington for three months with nothing found that was either priced right or not junk.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not found a pawn shop that is worth shit in central Arkansas.  I have heard of a few good deals in some high end firearms that the shop owner didn't know what they had but as a rule, I see close to NIB prices.  I usualy see better used gun prices in gun stores.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:20:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Most I see are in pawn shops and their prices for used guns are usually so close to new that it makes no sense to shop.  I've been looking for a good, reasonably priced Marlin in either 30-30 or 35 Remington for three months with nothing found that was either priced right or not junk.

How much are you wanting to spend? One of the guys I work with was looking for a 35 Remington during deer season and we tracked down a few. I also know there were a lot of 30-30's. I don't know what a fair price for these rifles would be. I pretty much stick with AK's but I'm make the rounds of the pawn shops near me a few times a month. Let me know how much your wanting to spend and if I see something I will let you know.

Sign_Wolfman
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the offer. As you know, Wally world has them for $300.  I'd like to get one around 200 or less I figure the 35's may command a premium, tho.  I also have an XD 9 I'd be willing to do a partial trade on, with me getting some cash and the rifle. I don't have to have a like new version as long as its mechanically sound with good bore.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me know if you find a place with good prices. I was at a pawn shop when a Mauser came off of pawn. They were asking $350 for just the rifle. He asked what I thought and I told him you could get one of the Mitchell's for around $300 with all the accessories.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get a mauser for LOTS cheaper than that.  I got a Turk for $49 and a M48 (same thing Mitchels is selling) for $79.  Gotta love a C&R !!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You can get a mauser for LOTS cheaper than that.  I got a Turk for $49 and a M48 (same thing Mitchels is selling) for $79.  Gotta love a C&R !!!

All I have gotten with mine is a Mossin, but I am lovin the Midway discount. I have saved well over $300 in the past 6 months. Where did you get the Turk for $49?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Wholesale Guns and Ammo about 3 years ago.  REAL nice shape.  I think they are around $70 now.  I use Midway ALOT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top